Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Honeybell

Post Op labs

Rate this Entry
I am self pay in Mexico, BC/FL would not pay for revision. Now I have scripts for the 3 month labs, & the Dr. has coded them as specific to Bariatric Surgery. My dilemma is.... should I go thru my Ins, or to a lab that has low rates on Wed, [ pay cash] where most of the uninsured go. I am almost paranoid about using my ins......a little voice tells me my acct. is flagged. If I go to Quest Labs expecting my ins to pay & they deny, it will be very expensive, but a part of me wants to give them a Big Ole FU, & expect them to pay up, as they should. Any thoughts on this?...Also, I have no clue as what the cash price will be......I have 2 ins. plans, dammmit...this should not be an issue.

Submit "Post Op labs" to Digg Submit "Post Op labs" to del.icio.us Submit "Post Op labs" to StumbleUpon Submit "Post Op labs" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I did my first 2 sets of labs (3 months and 6 months) through a walk-in lab and I paid cash. I just had my PCP write the script for me. My last labs (1 year postop) I had my bloodwork done as part of my annual checkup. My PCP coded them as a wellness check and insurance picked up the tab. My OB/Gyn said she would do the same thing if I'd needed her to. It really is all in the coding, though.
    My PCP does my labs when my Bariatric doctor wants something. See if your PCP will
    I agree with SoNotABarbie
    I also went to Mexico for my surgery, I run all my labs through my insurance and have not had an issue yet.