Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Hev

Two years ago June 24 2013 I changed my life for the better

Rate this Entry
so surgery was 24 June 2013 at University of Tennessee. Great experience after two liquid diets. First one abandoned as I had to go home for a family emergency to England an cancel my first operation date. So how do I feel 2 years on.? I have no regrets. I was 247 pounds and 5'5" so pretty big. I was getting sicker and more unhealthy. I stayed at 162 pounds for a short time.. Didn't get any further down. I am currently 175 pounds my body seems happy at that weight however I want to take ten more pounds off. I baked a lot at Christmas and nibbled too much. This gastric sleeve is just a tool so you have to work at it. I have just swapped my treadmill in for a static exercise bike and have finally made myself start exercising. I can eat about 7-10 mouthfuls per meal depending on what it is.. Happily still not much. I don't like admitting that I have a Sweet tooth and I have to constantly remind myself why I did this. I can eat anything at this point fortunately not much. I don't buy much processed food if I want something I try to bake it. Right now I am focussing on salads and beans..my struggle is my 6ft 4 husband can eat anything he had a lapband. He loves junk food so I recently told him he can't eat that stuff in front of me..
For all of you just starting out. Make the most of losing that weight in the first 6 months as it is harder later. But I am not going to beat myself up that I haven't reached 150 pounds that I wanted to be... I am a size 12 and 56 years old.. For me this is realistic. I can runaround and I feel great. I don't feel my age unless I am tired, I love the fact I can choose the clothes I want now, rather than a shapeless floral sack just because it fit me. I realize I am not going to be very skinny and frankly I don't want to be too skinny..as I am, I feel good I did this surgery to be healthy and that's the bonus I got all my lab works done 2 weeks ago and the young doctor she told me I had labs of a 20 year old.. She read everything out and was amazed so I must be doing something right!! I have never had good cholesterol so I left the doctors surgery on cloud 9. No regrets .. And I will continue to work at this for the rest of my life - I wrote a pretty comprehensive blog starting in March 2013 kind of stopped last year.. So am just popping in to say hi and wherever you are in your journey be strong and keep at it as it is well worth it.. So glad I did this.

And for anyone who wrote to me and got no answer forgive the silence I have been busy with life here in the mountains of NC. Heather

Submit "Two years ago June 24 2013 I changed my life for the better" to Digg Submit "Two years ago June 24 2013 I changed my life for the better" to del.icio.us Submit "Two years ago June 24 2013 I changed my life for the better" to StumbleUpon Submit "Two years ago June 24 2013 I changed my life for the better" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Good to hear from you. I will be celebrating my two years in mid-July. Still the best thing I ever did for myself. Struggling with those last 15 lbs. I wanted to lose but delighted about the 46 lbs. that are gone. At age 67, except for an occasional chiropractic visit, I feel great.
    sh5 thank you for writing any weight loss is a bonus and I feel blessed that I am not struggling
    Around in this heat. I am researching different recipes to keep me
    Interested in healthy eating. Don't give up on those last 15 pounds
    Maybe we can encourage Each other
    All the best Hev
    Hev!!! So wonderful to hear from you and that you are doing well!
    thank you for your update!! it really encourages us newbies!!
    Welcome back, Hev. You look wonderful.
    Congrats - great to hear from a successful person so close to where I am (just south of Asheville, NC - love our mountains!).
    Hi!! So great to hear from someone when I first started on this site. I'm sooooo glad you're doing well. If you feel great at your current weight, stay with it! I have lost 100 lbs so far and, technically, should lose about 30 more. But, at 170 lbs, I feel great. Keep taking care of yourself and keep in touch! xoxo