Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

williams3234

Wow, Has it been a whole year already?

Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Wow I can not believe that it has been a year already! It was just like yesterday I was going over my checklist of items to bring to hospital, and also I remember being nervous about the surgery. Well, here I am 1 year exactly today a new and improved women. To say I am pleased with my overall results would be an understatement, I am estatic!!!! My highest weight ever was 263, but at the time of surgery I was 242 (lost 6 lbs on the week preop diet), and now I am a healthy 175.

I am one of the lucky one who did not have to complete a 6 months supervised weight loss program before I could submit paperwork to the insurance company. I am also lucky that the whole process from the intital first call, to the seminar, to the first visit to the surgeon, to all my require medical test, to submitting the paperwork to the insurance company, to finally getting a surgery date only took 2 1/2 months totally. And also i am lucky my surgeon never set a goal weight for me, so I never had the pressure of not meeting anything. So for me, I just lost weight at my pace, which has made it so much easier for me to look more healthy than just skinny.

I can honestly say I have a NSV almost every day, especially with the fact that I can shop at any store now. Before surgery I was wearing 2x/3x now I wear M/L shirts, I also was wearing 18w/ 20W pants which I now can wear 10/12. I now love to excercise (which I hated a year ago), I would rather be out walking or going to the gym than anything else. I love traveling and being around friends and family, which I did not do alot of a year ago. I am more adventurous now, I want to do all the things I would have never have thought was fun before (like zip lining). I have also allow myself to love again, which I never did before the surgery because I never thought any guy really could be sincere about wanting to be with so one overweight. But I am happy to say I have found a special guy ( who knows about my surgery), who thinks I am pretty awesome

As far I my eating habits, I try to stay between 900 and 1000 calories a day. I was a soda addict, but I am happy to say that I cut sodas out 100% and I only drink water (flavored), diet green tea, and hawaiian punch occasionally. I never have ever drinked alcohol, so that was never something I had to cut out. I do take my vitamins daily and I now take B12 shots twice a month to make sure I keep my energy level up. I try to make smart choices when it comes to the food I eat for example, I will eat yogurt instead of ice cream. I still do not eat off plates only saucers and small bowls. I do got out to eat with coworkers and friends, and for the ones ( who do not know) I just order whatever I have a taste for and take the rest home. And If the question ofClick image for larger version. 

Name:	May 2014.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	25.7 KB 
ID:	24602Click image for larger version. 

Name:	June 2014.jpg 
Views:	267 
Size:	352.4 KB 
ID:	24603 why I only ate such a small amount I just state that I try to eat a little ever 3 hrs so I do not overeat ( which is true).

Well thanks for letting me share all about my amazing journey so far, and I would recommend VSG surgery to anyone who has struggle with their weight. And as every knows, this is just a tool so it up to you as to how good it works.

Helen

Submit "Wow, Has it been a whole year already?" to Digg Submit "Wow, Has it been a whole year already?" to del.icio.us Submit "Wow, Has it been a whole year already?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wow, Has it been a whole year already?" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Very Inspirational. Congratulations! Thank you for sharing your success story.
    You look gorgeous, Helen!
    So happy for your success.
    Can't wait to get my surgery over with, and join the club!
    wonderful!! Thank you for your success story!
    WOW...You look gorgeous!! Congratulations!
    Helen, you have really made sleeve surgery work for you. I love your success story. Thanks for sharing it with us. I'm looking forward to my own surgiversary later his summer. This surgery has changed so many lives for the better.
    Congrats on your success to date and thanks for the update. It's great to hear from folks more than a year out still making this work for them.....
    Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your success. Life after the sleeve is wonderful!!
    Hi

You are looking great, I also lost my weight and I am 157, and I love my sleeve... I can fit into sizes I have not worn since Jr hight school. My kids are so happy for me and my husband said it looks great, but no more weightloss. getting too small..
    Don't want to look small and frail,... I am working on maintain it now... Keep up the great job...
    You look amazing...
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Poppa
    Very Inspirational. Congratulations! Thank you for sharing your success story.
    Thanks, I wanted to share and hope that futur sleevers will see the positive side of the sleeve. Although some have complications, there is still light at the end of the tunnel.
    Quote Originally Posted by DCCT
    You look gorgeous, Helen!
    So happy for your success.
    Can't wait to get my surgery over with, and join the club!
    Thanks so much, I feel great!! I am so happy with the results so far, I can not wait to see how far I can go and still look healthy.
    Quote Originally Posted by cathbas
    wonderful!! Thank you for your success story!
    Thanks, I know in the beginning I look for post from sleevers a year out or more to give me hope that I could be successful. So I am paying it forward!
    Quote Originally Posted by stargazerlily
    WOW...You look gorgeous!! Congratulations!
    Thank you for your kind compliment, I actually feel gorgeous for the first time in many years! Being me is not so bad
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    Helen, you have really made sleeve surgery work for you. I love your success story. Thanks for sharing it with us. I'm looking forward to my own surgiversary later his summer. This surgery has changed so many lives for the better.
    Thanks Ann2, just like so many others I have been overweight for most of my adult life. So to be called skinny, is still something I am getting use too. I have always said to myself that when I loose weight my like will change for the better, and it has. No more type 2 diabetes medicine and BP medicine for me, so if nothing else my health has improved greatly with VSG surgery.
    Quote Originally Posted by PITSTOP
    Congrats on your success to date and thanks for the update. It's great to hear from folks more than a year out still making this work for them.....
    Thanks, I think sleevers giving update on there success or even failures is important for everyone else. I know I relied on this site in the beginning and still now to give me the insight I need going forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blessed2
    Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your success. Life after the sleeve is wonderful!!
    Thanks, Yes i agree life after the sleeve is wonderful! It has giving me a new lease on life, I am ready to tackle the world now
    Quote Originally Posted by Redab051
    Hi

You are looking great, I also lost my weight and I am 157, and I love my sleeve... I can fit into sizes I have not worn since Jr hight school. My kids are so happy for me and my husband said it looks great, but no more weightloss. getting too small..
    Don't want to look small and frail,... I am working on maintain it now... Keep up the great job...
    You look amazing...
    Thanks, I feel wonderful and I agree I am in the maintaining stage from this point on. If I loose more (great), but if I do not loose another pound I am still happy. I never wanted to be in the single digit in clothes, I do not think that it would look good on my frame. I like having curves, so 10/12 is a good size for me.

It seems as if everyday, I have someone saying I am melting away or asking how skinny am going to get. I also hear that I am the perfect size and not too loose anymore weight, so I understand what you are going through with your family.
    Great job! Our journey sounds so much alike. Congratulations on your weight loss!
    Quote Originally Posted by kenson
    Great job! Our journey sounds so much alike. Congratulations on your weight loss!
    Thanks, I am so happy that I had this great opportunity to get my life back on track.