Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

blemons

8 days post op

Rate this Entry
I had my surgery last Monday the 15th today I.feel like I have something stuck in my throat and it won't go away.....my stomach is also cramping but not like a normal cramp it's not painful it just feels like my stomach is being squeezed and let go I don't know how to explain it I'm having mild pains in my chest but I figure that was due to the stuck feeling and heartburn and gas...other than that I feel okay I'm not running a fever or anything........any advice or words of comfort??

Submit "8 days post op" to Digg Submit "8 days post op" to del.icio.us Submit "8 days post op" to StumbleUpon Submit "8 days post op" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

At first right after my suregry I had the same feeling. The tightness my doctor told me it is because the opening to my stomach was the size of a straw. That is what they told me the feeling was for me. I really did not have a gas problem at all after sugery. Just walk, they say walk, walk, walk and it will help that feeling.
    YOU CAN USE A HEATING PAD TO PLACE ON STOMACH AND RUB UP AND DOWN AND THAT HELPS WITH THE GAS ,WALKING HELPS ALOT BUT WHEN YOU IJ THAT PAIN ,YOU REALLY CANT DO ANYTHING..
    I had the same feeling for a couple weeks. Alot is due to the air they used to pump you up and make easier to do the surgery...felt like I had swallowed a whole orange and it was stuck. It will go away, takes a bit, but it will work itself out
    Had my sleeve on the same date! It gets better with time. Gas-x strips are my best friend. Walking helps too, but I found that time was the only thing that cures it. Today, the frequency and intesity is A LOT less. Still there, just no where close to how it was in the beginnning.