Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Heidi1942

Day 5 and finally!

Rate this Entry
Today is day 5 post op and yesterday was my first day of the full liquid diet! I found half a protein shake was all I could do all day because the thickness of the shake didn't settle well. I used to drink multiple shakes a day so this was an odd sensation to me! I substituted chicken broth to make up for the protein and got in around 63g! My hardest challenge has been drinking water on top of everything else! I want to flush my system out with pure water to get rid of toxins after surgery and stuff but finding room is hard!

My bloating is still pretty bad and my stomach is still swollen but I was much more active today and went grocery shopping and made dinner for my fiance! I stepped on the scale tonight and saw 289!!!!!!!! I had previously weighed 304, then lost 8 lbs during my preop diet to 294 and then after surgery I gained back weight from fluids, etc to 300. Finally I get some reward! I am so beyond happy that I made this choice and I look forward to continuing challenges and rewards!! 😊 Stay strong!

Submit "Day 5 and finally!" to Digg Submit "Day 5 and finally!" to del.icio.us Submit "Day 5 and finally!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Day 5 and finally!" to Google

Comments

I remember I couldnt wait not to see the number 3 in front of my weight ever again. Now Im working on the number 2. All we can do is keep plugging away at it......