Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

31startingBMI

I am at goal! Never thought it would work for me like others on this site!

Rate this Entry
I am at goal weight! Truely amazing! I did not think that this would work for me like others on this site because of my PCOS, thyroid, and high insulin which hinders weight loss. My insulin is still high but I have managed to get to goal! I was at a stall for a while and did not weigh myself for a long time and today I finally weighed in and to my surprise the numbers on the scale was my exact weight loss goal.

Pretty crazy that I was despondent about so much weight gain and poor labs just six months ago and now I am at goal. The funny thing is pretty much all the weight came off from the waist up...I still wear the same size jeans as before but my lower body did not gain weight like my upper body. 50 pounds off the top. My scars are barely visible. I eat like a normal person with a small appetite when I go out.

Really this has been the easiest thing compared to all the grueling emotional draining, self esteem killer diets that I tried before. I over exercised and still could not achieve anything close. I was working out 2 times a day and hour each doing Hiit program...I was bashing my head into a brick wall daily.

I was on a 50 carb a day diet but I was eating so much protein it was scary. I was eating 4 eggs for breakfast, 6 bacon strips and some avocado. Lunch I had a whole rotisserie chicken, dinner 12-16 oz steak with veggies. I ate low carb for two years before I was sleeved. No dairy, no sugar, no white carbs. I could not lose weight eating the diet they gave me. I was eating too much!

My doctor said that protein will never put weight on you...I should be able to eat all this food and lose weight. I can tell you, you can't eat huge quanities of food even if it is "protein". My doctor was against this surgery but she can't argue with the results.I eat the same diet now but just a fraction of what I ate before. When I go out with friends I eat what I want, I have dessert, bread ect. But when I'm at home I stick to a low carb diet and protein shakes.

The one thing that has helped more than anything is that now I feel full. I never felt full before. I was always hungry, I had an insatiable appetite. I would eat a huge meal and still felt hungry. I ate a big meal for lunch and a few hours later I felt like I had not eaten in weeks. The hunger hormone was so strong in my system and this surgery has reset those feelings of constant hunger. I was spending so much on food it was crazy. I eat less, weigh less and spend less on food. My life is happy and full again! I feel like a normal person and that is extraordinary!

Submit "I am at goal! Never thought it would work for me like others on this site!" to Digg Submit "I am at goal! Never thought it would work for me like others on this site!" to del.icio.us Submit "I am at goal! Never thought it would work for me like others on this site!" to StumbleUpon Submit "I am at goal! Never thought it would work for me like others on this site!" to Google

Tags: goal weight Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Congrats!!!!!!