Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

31startingBMI

I have lost weight in my face and now I don't look healthy....

Rate this Entry
I have lost weight in my face and now my eyes look sunken in with deep hollows like triangles at my cheeks. I am 48 so aging happens but my face has aged at least 10 or fifteen years in just a few months. I miss my chubby filled out cheeks...I looked fat not old. Some people have to have a body lift, I need a face lift. I always thought I looked good for my age but not anymore. I am going to try fillers for the first time this summer when my weight loss settles. Ugh, I am terrified of needles but looking 70 at 50 is not fun.

Did anyone else lose so much volume in their face that they look older now?

Submit "I have lost weight in my face and now I don't look healthy...." to Digg Submit "I have lost weight in my face and now I don't look healthy...." to del.icio.us Submit "I have lost weight in my face and now I don't look healthy...." to StumbleUpon Submit "I have lost weight in my face and now I don't look healthy...." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I HEAR YOU!
    My weight loss is most noticeable in my face. I now have jowls and a loose neck. Iam 56 yrs old but always had a very youthful appearance. This face isn't going to bounce back from this. Guess that fat was good for something after all. LOL. Get yourself a good moisturizer. Day and night.
    A thin, but slightly older looking face, on the green side of the grass is always better.
    Better to be healthier and not look it, than the other way around. So yeah, you might get a facelift, or you might learn that it doesn't matter. It's just an adjustment.

Better to look 70 than not make it there!
    My experience was that my face and body changed so many times during my weight loss phases that I couldn't even count them. Sort of like a hair cut -- looked great, not so good, better, great again, awful, nope--good again.

I think you should be patient and see where things wind up. And, of course, surgery, botox, other injectables, etc. are always an option later on. But my local plastic surgeon says we'll have to maintain for a year post-op before doing anything -- even botox.

In the meantime, find a great spa and get a great facial. I bet that'll make everything look better.
    Thanks, I still have more weight to lose, I want to lose 10 more than my initial goal. I am waiting to do anything drastic. I'm afraid of the needle but the whole center of my face from the eyes down has fallen. I took a lot of pictures before I had surgery so unfortunately my pictures just 5 months ago look so much more healthier and youthful. Heck you can look gorgeous at seventy, that is how old my mom is, she looks great! I don't look healthy, I look as though I aged 10 years in 5 months...seventy was an exaggeration.

My body has been through a lot, I'll give it time to catch up...if I still look like I'm gaunt and melting after a year I will go for a facelift. This whole sleeve process has been wonderful even if means a little nip and tuck. I never was dissatisfied with my looks before, never had one cosmetic procedure ever so this is surprising to me that now I would even entertain something like a face lift. I guess never say never! I didn't think I was vain till my face fell down and could not get up! Lol! My body is on its way back to "hot" and my health has improved and keeps getting better.
    This has been one of my biggest fears! I look much younger than I am and I attribute it to "natural botox". I am very nervous to see what age I really look like once I lose the weight. I agree though...I would rather be healthy so I am going to go with it.
    I thought the same thing during my loss phase. It DOES get better. Your face and your body will shift and change for some time after you stabilize. Give yourself time to catch up and get used to the new you!
    I get botox now. Pretty sure I still can.

This last time I got some cheek fillers to lift my cheek bone - I guess we shall see what I look like in a few months when it's time to go back to my 'girl'

At least I'll go back thin
    WHAT WAS YOUR BMI TO START -

I get botox now. Pretty sure I still can.

This last time I got some cheek fillers to lift my cheek bone - I guess we shall see what I look like in a few months when it's time to go back to my 'girl'

At least I'll go back thin
    My BMI was 31 but when I gained weight I gained it in my face, stomach and upper body. My cheeks looked full and healthy but chubby...now I look thinner but older because the cheek fat that I had is gone and is now replaced with hollows. That I guess this is just what I will have to live with for better health. I wish I gained all over or lower body. I have lost all my weight from the waist up. I still wear my same size jeans, my lower body was normal sized. I still have huge arms which I hate because my torso now is so small. I wear a size small but if it has sleeves, size medium for my arms. I have an unusual weight gain pattern. I look very shapely now, my upper body is now in proportion with my lower body but my arms are weird looking...they don't look like they match my body. I used to look like an up-side-down triangle. Fillers and maybe arm lipo in a year but for now I am over joyed with my sleeve and it has given me my life back. My face is not thin, just not like a round full moon anymore. I think I will always have a heavier face than body.