Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

time4change031113

for my sleevers 1 year out or more..... how do you stay motivated?

Rate this Entry
Hi guys so im one year and one month out lost all the weight I needed to. Sometimes its easy to slip in a few chips w a meal (not often) but I do have a weakness w quest bars and sometimes I eat 2 as a snack. I have lost my motivation for working out too. Can anyone help suggest how you stay motivated etc? Thanks!

Submit "for my sleevers 1 year out or more..... how do you stay motivated?" to Digg Submit "for my sleevers 1 year out or more..... how do you stay motivated?" to del.icio.us Submit "for my sleevers 1 year out or more..... how do you stay motivated?" to StumbleUpon Submit "for my sleevers 1 year out or more..... how do you stay motivated?" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

It's a struggle, not easy-peasy like the first year when I lost weight practically every day no matter what I did. I have really picked up my exercise, started running for the first time since 1980. I love working out; I don't love stressing about what I eat.

But I do need to get my diet back on track, I too can snack on two protein bars or buy a candy bar from the vending machine. So I need motivation to eat better! I reached goal almost a year ago, but would love to lose 10 more, and that won't happen with the occasional junk.
    I'm not as far out as you. But you may be interested in this thread re what my shrink said about how people who've lost their weight continue to motivate themselves ....

http://www.gastricsleeve.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=55501

Forum members also commented and offered some good suggestions about how we may continue to motivate ourselves for weight maintenance, improving our health, and getting more enjoyment from our new lives.
    It can be a difficult road. However, what has and continues to help me is to embrace this as a lifestyle change. I continue set and accomplish new goals. I find that each goal I accomplish puts me that much farther from my former self. Now this may not work for everyone, but this it is what motivates me. Good luck.
    ^^^ Dwayne, I like the way you put that. A lot. Thanks.
    Anytime Ann.
    Look at the scales EVERY DAY. I love weighing 140 and that is what motivates me to stay on top of it. Take care! M
    I heard an interesting quote from a personal trainer at my gym "the battle is not won in the gym but in the kitchen" I have to agree. I have to nip my slider tendencies in the bud while at the supermarket. It's too easy to say that I can control things like crackers and cookies. The easiest way for me not to eat these things is not to have them in the first place. Take Quest bars for example--One is ok Two is NOT ok. If having two quest bars within my reach is tempting then I can only buy one at a time (I know what you mean on this one, the raspberry white chocolate and coconut are my favorite) It's a constant head game for me
    Read read read positive books and watch positive videos on YouTube. My 600lb life has motivated me not to want to distort my body with food anymore.
    Being content mentally definitely helps me to stay on track. I feel so much better about myself, I love that I am ok with going out with friends instead of making excuses (because of my weight), I love that my inside and my outside are finally in sync with each other. All that said, I do try to watch what I'm eating and not to get too carried away with the sweets.