Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

skinnyminiwannabe

Surgery was DEc-2013 and I am now gaining weight.. HELP!!!!

Rate this Entry
Ok I started at 240 lost down to 170 then now im at 190. What do I need to do in order to stop being so hungry and gaining weight.. I am stessing out.... someone tell me their eating habits to loosing weight .. thanks

Submit "Surgery was DEc-2013 and I am now gaining weight.. HELP!!!!" to Digg Submit "Surgery was DEc-2013 and I am now gaining weight.. HELP!!!!" to del.icio.us Submit "Surgery was DEc-2013 and I am now gaining weight.. HELP!!!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Surgery was DEc-2013 and I am now gaining weight.. HELP!!!!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Are you actually hungry? I am only six months out and can honestly say I am rarely hungry. I am. however, still seduced by foods that aren't good for me. I think the best thing would be to make sure that you write down everything you eat, that you make sure you get enough protein, and that you have a glass of water and wait 15 minutes before you eat when you think you're hungry.
    Since you are always hungry make sure you have something that you truly like that is healthy to snack on. I prefer to ear Colby Jack cheese sticks.
    Maybe you should try the pre-op diet for 2 weeks and that will take the extra pounds back off. Also, walk at least 3 times a week. I am right at 3 months post-op and I know at this point it is a struggle. I had only 50% of my stomach removed and the normal is 80-85%. I feel like I am having to do this as if I really didn't have surgery but it has reduced my food intake so I am blessed. Good Luck. You got this
    ok yes I think I will walk on treadmill a lot this week and see what the scales say after the week ... I am so glad to have support :-)
    Make sure you are taking the antacid. I never had have heartburn and thought I didn't need the antacid but acid in your stomach gives a feeling of hunger pain so the only time you don't feel hungry is when you are eating or shortly after a meal. It will take about three or so days for that to kick in if you haven't been taking them daily. Make sure you are eating high protein, not junk. And like another poster said - monitor what you are eating. That is the single most important thing to do because we can't change what we don't measure! Good luck!
    I had gained 6 pounds back because I was eating more carbs than I should. So I went back to just protein shakes and some meats , although I don't really like meat that much anymore. And I have lost those 6 pounds in alittle over a week. I stayed at exactly 1,000 calories and stopped my yogurt. And made sure I didn't go over 50 grams of carbs. Even though my nutritionist said don't go under 60.
    If I gain 2 pounds I freak out. So I'm VERY careful!
    You have to stay on top of it every single day. When I get to a certain number on the scale, it's right back to low carb. In about a week, I am usually back to normal. Hit it now before it gets out of control. Best wishes to you!
    myfitnesspal.com
    track what you are eating..it is free and helps you wake up to what is going on wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by beulahgirl
    Are you actually hungry? I am only six months out and can honestly say I am rarely hungry. I am. however, still seduced by foods that aren't good for me. I think the best thing would be to make sure that you write down everything you eat, that you make sure you get enough protein, and that you have a glass of water and wait 15 minutes before you eat when you think you're hungry.

I agree totally, I’m not hungry but I crave certain foods. More times than not, if I crave it, I get it and I end up only taking a couple bites and trashing it because I’m full. Can’t tell you how much food and money I waste. Last Saturday I made turkey sliders for hubby and I thinking I would be able to eat a whole something for a change, NOPE, I took 2 extra small bites and was done. That’s one of the reasons I’m not fanatical about my carb intake because cumulatively I eat probably less than a ½ cup of food a day. A few carbs aren’t going to stall my weight loss or at least it hasn’t so far, knock on wood. We’re all on here with different surgery dates, body types, weight, ages, our metabolisms are different, so at the end of the day, you have to go with what works for you.