Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

C.Powell

Protein Pills Instead of Powder

Rate this Entry
I am 9 days post op and I have no desire to drink any more protein shakes. I've drank so many that the thought of another shake makes my stomach turn. I have tried mixing up my shakes by adding a fruit for different flavor, but I'm just over it. I've been adjusting well to my new stomach, but even on my best day I cannot get enough protein in. Has anyone tried Good and Natural - whey protein pills? I ordered them off Amazon, so I hope to get them by Friday. Just want to know if anyone took them and how it went?

Submit "Protein Pills Instead of Powder" to Digg Submit "Protein Pills Instead of Powder" to del.icio.us Submit "Protein Pills Instead of Powder" to StumbleUpon Submit "Protein Pills Instead of Powder" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I felt the same way about the protein shakes. The further along you get, the more you may want one. I prefer to drink one for breakfast. Sometimes I like them because of the sweetness. I haven't tried the pill. I am 12 weeks post-op and can eat anything I want so I only drink a shake for breakfast becaue of the few calories and low carbs. Good luck
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmie3
    I felt the same way about the protein shakes. The further along you get, the more you may want one. I prefer to drink one for breakfast. Sometimes I like them because of the sweetness. I haven't tried the pill. I am 12 weeks post-op and can eat anything I want so I only drink a shake for breakfast becaue of the few calories and low carbs. Good luck
    Thanks for the advice
    Your Welcome
    The shakes didn't work for me early on. So, to add protein to my diet, I add unflavored protein powder to my Crystal Light Pure (lemonade or raspberry work for me). The Crystal Light says to add it to 16.9 oz of water but this is way to sweet for me so I use more water. You have to add the protein powder to room temp water or it clumps.

I've never tried the pills.
    they say 200 mg per tab but how much is that in grams
    My nut said your body can't absorb the protein in those pills because they don't digest like regular protein
    I had the same problem with protein in the beginning. Yuch! Taste buds were all wacky. I did enjoy a soft cooked egg. My doc okayed that early just to get the protein in. Greek yogurt also works. Also, try different brands. I couldn't really do protein shakes until around 6 weeks out. Orange juice and vanilla protein. Taste like an Orange Julius. 1 year post op, I still enjoy them 4-5 times a week. Gets my protein quota up and it's just easier.
    I use IsoFuel Natural in Vanilla flavor. I don't know where you live but I get it at Total Nutrition and its AWESOME. I add a banana to it and I kid you not it taste like a banana pudding smoothie.
    You can add anything you want to it.. It has about 50 grams of protein in 2 scoops and 200 calories and low low sugar. And about 3 grams of carbs
    Have you tried Premier Protein shakes? they sell them at Costco and I think BJs. Nice to have on hand when you are on the run.
    All the others grossed me out so I gave them to a friend who had surgery after I did.
    Thanks everyone for the advice. You guys gave me some really good ideas to try.
    On day 7 I ended up vomiting the strawberry and vanilla protein shakes I was drinking. I now drink Isopure drinks. They have different flavors. Those are 40 grams per drink. Thus far, I love the green tea with lemon. You can also add ctrystal lighr to change the flavor. I also buy the isopure unflavor powder and throw it in everything soups, applesauce, and yogurt. I am now getting about 80 to 90 grams of protein a day. They also have these protein chips by Quest. 20 grams for 1 ounce. I suck on them and they disolve in my mouth.
    I'm not a big "shake" person. In the beginning I used Syntrax Nectar Iced Lemon Tea which mixes with water and these days I mix a scoop of vanilla whey in my coffee every morning for a protein boost. I actually miss the "latte" when the powder isn't there! I often go for a PowerCrunch protein bar, (really more of a chocolate covered wafer cookie) for an afternoon snack. The rest (at least 75g per day, total), I get from a high protein diet. Other things you can do as you advance your diet is make your own high protein bars\snacks. Google high protein recipes or protein powder recipes and you may find some ideas. I also purchase a high protein bread online called P28. They also make wraps that make great quesadillas or thin pizza crust. They have peanut butter type spreads as well, but I just mix whey into my peanut butter for a cheaper alternative. How about a 20g of protein PB&J? You can if you use that bread. You can also find quinoa or other high protein pasta in most grocery stores health sections or a natural grocery store.