Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

flakage69

Major Hair Loss in Month 3. . . . HELP!!

Rate this Entry
I had read a few post from people that cut their hair in their third month due to hair loss. I guess I just wasn't prepared for the amount that would be falling out. It reminds me of when my mother was going through chemo. ): . . . . I normally have super thick hair, and it has dwindled. I have to keep it long for the wedding and my daughters graduation pictures, but then I intend to cut it short.
My question is, what can I do to either slow down the process or stop it completely? I don't mind chopping it off, but doubt that will stop it from falling out in handfuls on a daily basis. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I knew in advance that this could happen, so just attempting to solve the issue before I need to shave my head. (;
Thank you!!

Submit "Major Hair Loss in Month 3. . . . HELP!!" to Digg Submit "Major Hair Loss in Month 3. . . . HELP!!" to del.icio.us Submit "Major Hair Loss in Month 3. . . . HELP!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Major Hair Loss in Month 3. . . . HELP!!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Sorry to say, nothing I did made it better. I didn't chop mine, but it was definitely thinner and grew very slowly. I'm 9 months PO and feel like it is finally getting back to normal. Im using Aveda's Avanti scalp treatment now. Not sure if it's doing anything though.

Hang in there...its a difficult price to pay, but I think it's worth it.
    There really is nothing you can do..just ride it out.

I had thick curly hair and lost a lot. I chopped it and take Biotin every day hoping the new growth will come back stronger. I also use keratin shampoo and conditioner recommended by my stylist.
    eat your protein. That is the best way to minimize hair loss but that will not stop it. You have gone through a major change to your body and it is adjusting. Unfortunately, you hair takes a hit there. The good news is, it does come back. I took biotin every day since before surgery. My hair still fell out but it is back now and as thick as ever.
    Make sure you get in all your protein. That is what nurishes your hair and bones and promotes healthy healing.
    You lose your hair because of hormone imbalance and weight loss causes hormone imbalances. Keep up with your protein and biotin but till your hormones even out , you will keep losing your hair. Good thing is once you weight gets stabilized your hair will grow back.
    Yes you can. I had the same issue. Thought I would go bald by the time it was done. I took a lot of Biotin and purchases Ovation Shampoo. The shampoo stopped the hair loss immediately. It's expensive and you have to order it on line but so worth it. Hair has grown back really well.
    Thank yall!! I just never expected it to be so much loss!! I have really thick hair, but when nearly a handful falls out during a shower, it's hard to believe I won't be completely bald in a week. I am glad to hear that it will eventually stop and grow back. At least I can calm my nerves now!! (:
    I had thick wavy hair, and at 3 months I went through the same thing. I would also clean my brush every day and could not believe how much I was losing.
    I was getting all my protein, taking all my vitamins, and taking biotin. It still was falling out.
    I noticed about 9 months out it had really slowed down and by 12 months I could see new hair growth ( baby fuzz ) all around my hairline.
    It is still coming in and it is a lot better then it was, I still have baby hairs, but it is worth it.
    To anyone looking it looks "normal." To me it still feels very thin. But it is coming back in.
    Hang in there, it will stop falling out.