Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

a2twinsnanny

5 days post op vsg

Rate this Entry
Well Well Well. I have been sleeved for 5 days. It took over a year for me to finally get here and yet I feel like there was not any real way for me to completely mentaly prepare for this stage of my journey. I had my liquid diet preop and am on my liquid diet now post op but it is hard for me to recognize if I am having hunger pains or insicional pains.
I am regretting not buying Unjury unflavored protein powder because I am so tired of sweet protein shakes and would not mind drinking something that is good but also high in protein.
Last night I attempted to nibble on a piece of fish after I had already drank half of my protein shake and I made myself vomit. Lesson learned.. stick to what is on the list and enjoy food stage. I now recognize my unhealthy relationship with food. I would eat when I was stressed, when I was sad, when I was happy, when I was mad. Now I will just be eating so I can live...isn't that the purpose anyway?

Submit "5 days post op vsg" to Digg Submit "5 days post op vsg" to del.icio.us Submit "5 days post op vsg" to StumbleUpon Submit "5 days post op vsg" to Google

Tags: post op Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Try some plain Greek yogurt a teaspoon at a time
    I wish you good luck, it is hard to drink protein drinks after surgery, I went to puree a little early I must admit, but I ate really really slowly.
    Best wishes... Continue to follow your diet manual. It will protect your sleeve. Today I begin my pueered stage. So excited.
    Congrats Kreative,,, Puree is good. It makes you feel like a real person again! Puree like crazy! My husband made me egg salad, chicken salad, ham salad, and I enjoyed every little teaspoonful! ENJOY!