Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

a2twinsnanny

3 days post op

Rate this Entry
I was sleeved on March 5 2015. I am having a hard time drinking my protein shakes and really do not have an appetite right now.
I am still waiting to have a BM but I have been burping.
This first night was the worse because of the gas in my chest and stomach areas. I am so excited that I am finally on the other side and no longer waiting to be sleeved.
I just need to figure out how to get my protein intake in until my new tummy has stopped swelling. My issue is everytime I sip on something I usually need to give it sometime to stop hurting for a little while.

Submit "3 days post op" to Digg Submit "3 days post op" to del.icio.us Submit "3 days post op" to StumbleUpon Submit "3 days post op" to Google

Tags: post op, vsg Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I was on clear liquids for 3 days after surgery then full liquids. Don't rush the protein shakes. Maintaining hydration should be your number 1 concern today. Take it slow and easy. You'll be fine! Welcome to the sleeved side! Good luck!
    Congrats! I'm 6 days post sleeve and it gets better everyday. I'm experiencing everything you're experiencing. I was scheduled for protein on day 4 post op but I have only taken in about 5.5 ounces of protein in 2 days. I'll probably be able to get more in today. Sip slowly and continuously. Your stomach is healing and angry. My nutritionist said in this first week focus on staying hydrated, if you can't get the protein in, don't force it just sip sip sip on those clear liquids. Stay hydrated and you'll feel good. We're learning our new stomachs and it's different but it's doable. You got this
    I am 5 days post op and am still on the clear liquid diet. I was having the same issues as you when I was 3 days out. My Dr. told me before he discharged me I have 3 priorities until he sees me again. Those priorities are water, water, and more water. Protein is important but staying hydrated is more important. As far as a BM I didn't have my first one until today. I believe it was because I introduced chicken broth into my diet which before I was mainly focusing on water and trying to get my protein in. I have heard of people going 10 days without having a BM. Good Luck with your journey.
    Yes, like everyone here said, don't rush the protein. My surgeon instructed me not to even try protein until post-op day 5 (and it was only clear protein drinks when I did start). Definitely just concern yourself with hydration. I couldn't get much water down so I experimented until I figured out what went down the easiest. I found powerade zero worked really well for me and I still depend on it for most of my hydration during the day at 2 1/2 weeks out. When you do manage to tolerate protein, don't worry about meeting goal for a while. You just listen to your body and try to do the best you can. The swelling in your stomach takes a long time to go down and so fitting in a lot just isn't possible right now. Don't worry..it will get a little better every day and before long you won't have to struggle so hard to get it all in. I've met goal a few times already on both protein and hydration (although it still is a challenge and probably will be for a while). Just go slow and stay hydrated!! Good luck!
    i was sleeved when you were, and did get my first bm..but it was more than i bargained for..be prepared to wipe up poop!! i had 2 diahrea incidents when i got home..so it is fine if it takes you awhile...dont worry about it..it took me a few days to feel when i could pee..just think..someday this will all be a memory...looking forward to that too!!
    Quote Originally Posted by cathbas
    i was sleeved when you were, and did get my first bm..but it was more than i bargained for..be prepared to wipe up poop!! i had 2 diahrea incidents when i got home..so it is fine if it takes you awhile...dont worry about it..it took me a few days to feel when i could pee..just think..someday this will all be a memory...looking forward to that too!!
    LOl,I finally had my first BM yesterday which was day 4 and it was indeed a bit messy. I am walking around and allowing myself to heal now.. by focusing on my liquids
    It took me 7 days to have my first bm. You were clean going into surgery and on all fluids after...it takes a while.
    Congratulations!