Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Aydensmomma

kinda Fustrated, glad I can vent here

Rate this Entry
I am 8 weeks out and 40 pounds down since surgery. I feel great, more energy and my clothes fit better then ever.
But I am Fustrated. I'm in another stall. two weeks ago I weighed 216. I'm 215 right now. I haven't had a BM in a week. I bought fiber gummys today and took them this afternoon. All evening and while I type my stomach has been making odd sounds. I know i need to increase water and protein. But everyday I set a goal to get 64oz of water and 70 protien and everyday I don't make it. I get around 40 Oz of water, and that's me costantly sipping except for the time around meals. Id say 50g protien. I have a shake for breakfast, 1/2-2/3 Greek yogurt for lunch and 1-2oz of chicken for dinner. I'll have a ww popcicle at night and a cheese stick during the afternoon.
I know stalls happen but damn, I went through a stall 3 weeks ago. Ugh it's just fustrating to do what I'm supposed to do and not see results, I am a very impatient person. This is hard. Rant over

Submit "kinda Fustrated, glad I can vent here" to Digg Submit "kinda Fustrated, glad I can vent here" to del.icio.us Submit "kinda Fustrated, glad I can vent here" to StumbleUpon Submit "kinda Fustrated, glad I can vent here" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I've been there...and as a matter of fact...I'm still there....I have been at a stall for awhile now and I'm also a little over 2 months post op...I guess it's one of them things we have to go through....Now about being "constipated".....I drink this tea called "SMOOTH MOVE" by Traditional Medicinals..(google it).it's a laxative tea and trust me..."It works"....Good luck
    Two questions. Are you exercising? Have you considered eating more?
    Laxative!
    The human body will adapt to the routine. You need to change something up. It doesn't have to be a monumental change just a different stress. Maybe instead of walking alone put in some cardio maybe running in the shallow end of the pool for five minutes or some brisk dancing. I like a suggestion made earlier start the day with a good meal. I heard of one guy that changed up his meal schedule so the last thing he ate was before six pm and no more food passed his lips until the morning. Please stay hydrated and have a good sleep schedule. These are just suggestions as only you know what you are doing and what you can do. Just change up the routine a bit so the body will have to adapt.
    I am not nutritionist or Dr. But have been around them for most of my adult life. LOL

Good luck and let me know what works and how you are getting along

Best
    Patient X
    Patient X
    How about miralax daily in your shake? thats what i do now and i havent had surgery yet, but tends to keep things regular
    Go get some milk of magnesia. That helped me a lot. I went through a 3 week stall recently and then went on a cruise for a week and lost 6 pounds. I really think I wasn't eating enough and needed to eat a more balanced diet.
    I'm in the same boat I eat what I can and try to drink my water but it's hard and most of the time my food comes back up and bowel movement once a week I guess I want more than what i'm getting
    My excercise is using my stair master machine twice a week for 30 min. Sometimes I go for 50 min. I'd like to do more time on it but since there is no room for it in my house I keep it in my garage....my not heated gotta go outside to get in, garage- and it's been soooooo cold. I will try doing a different excercise a 3rd day a week to switch it up.....I tried a laxitive and it just hurt, I had the worst cramps. I started taking the fiber gummys yesterday and I went this morning. I feel a little better. As for eating more, it's hard. I am trying to get the protien shake and water in all day, I stop 30min before a meal. I'll eat 3/4 of my Greek yogurt and be full. same with dinner, I measure out 2oz of chicken and i eat maybe half and I'm full. last night I ate, got full and stopped. About 30 min later I tried to eat some more but after 1 bite I stopped, I was getting the warning feeling. the rest of the night I sip water until bed. this sounds dumb but I don't know what else to eat. I dont really want anything.
    I will have to switch up my routine And maybe try eating more
    Thanks everyone :-)
    Someone else on here said that they eat Quaker Steel Cut oats and that has helped them with having a BM more frequently. I started over the weekend with eating it for breakfast, it does nothing towards my protein for the day (only 4 grams) but I am having a BM daily now.
    I know it seems impossible to get in more fluids but my surgeon basically said "when you call me and tell me you are at a stall, I'm going to guarantee you that you aren't getting enough fluids in."

I'm sure that won't help you much because you are already trying to drink as much as you can but stalled weight loss combined with constipation is a definite sign you need more fluids. Maybe try going back to a protein drink for breakfast so you are getting both your protein and fluids in one meal? Just a suggestion.

Good luck! 40 pounds is definitely something to be proud of!!
    This is what I did in the beginning (surgery was 7/28/15) to get in my protein I drink coffee and my creamer is my protein powder depending on the flavor determines one or two scoops so I get in 30-60 g for my water intake try crystal light blackberry lemonade or strawberry watermelon or whatever flavor it will help increase the water goal, good luck I hope this helps
    Try using a phone app call Water your Body. You can set it to chime off every hours by making the sound of pouring water. Use drink enhancers such as crystal light, Lipton ice tea or Welch...add to your water. I get more than 64oz per day now...It was hard when I was first sleeved and before the app. As for the BM try adding Benefiber, fiber supplement that is clear and dissolves completely in beverages with no flavor change or texture change. No problems without BM...but it sure does smell bad. LOL
    Stick to the plan protein 80 gm...water 64 ozs...vitamins and exercise 30 daily...I know it sucks I hate them too...I definitely feel your frustration...you can do this! Look at things that are preventing you from achieving the basics...our bodies starve quickly now so feed it wether by shake or whatever so it doesn't want to hang onto the food that you are taking in...prune juice! Prunes...applesauce...smooth move tea...for your bowels...I had the same thing happen to me and I watched the scale go up and up not stall...finally after a week of no bms prune juice is my friend and I've gone 3 times in 2 days...the scale redeemed itself and I came back down...that was god scary seeing as I just posted a scale victory of being under 200 for the first time in 24 years...uuuggghhh!
    Good luck girl keep me posted
    If you're not eating 60-80 grams of protein daily and you're not getting 64 ounces of liquids daily, you're still not doing what you're "supposed to do." I'm sure if you could hit those minimums your stall would bust.

YOU can do this. Just make it Priority #1.
    I had a stall between 4-8 weeks out. I too struggle with the water but what busted it for me was food. I think I was in starvation mode. Bi forced myself to get 3oz of protein at each meal and I kept at the Greek yogurt until I ate the whole 5 oz.( took me an hour the first time and I was FULL!) once I increased my intake a litte to assure 60 gms of protein I lost 5 lbs the next week. On average i still only lose about 2.5 lbs a week. I had to stop getting on the scale everyday to avoid frustration. I know it's hard to do because it's so exciting in the beginning but your progress seems standard just be patient. As my doctor says, if you simply follow the plan and do your part it's going to happen! Keep on keeping on!
    Hello! Thank you all for the help. I have tried the 'water your body" app and to be honest every time the sound of water came on I wanted to throw the phone. So I have unjury, don't like chocolate didn't try the other flavors but I do like the unflavored. As long as I stir it and shake it for a while it dissolves and is good. So yesterday I got 58g protien. I made some yummy chicken and I had it for lunch and dinner. I went out to breakfast took two bites of my egg and focased on my shake. I like Gatorade but I can't drink it because it's like 50g sugar in the whole 32Oz. When I go food shopping I'll check out crystal light, but I don't like the artificial sweetener taste, would rather have water. I'll try it tho. Had a BM on the 24th but not since. I've been taking the fiber gummys with my vitamins every day. If I dont go by tomorrow then I'll have to get something else. Going to look into the smooth move tea. It's crazy how I went from eating everything all day to pushing myself to eat and drink. As stupid as this sounds it's work lol. I did 30min excersise the 24th and 25th and today I'm going to do 'steps' on the wii fit. I'm not giving up. I can and will do this. (I'd still rather have an IV for fluids lol) I keep track of everything and today I want to meet 64oz water and 60-70g protien. I already have 15oz water in and 9g protien. Not much but I have all day.
    Thanks again everyone! I love that I can find answers and support here from people who know what I'm talking about. telling my sis or hubby doesn't help because they don't really understand that I can finish a bottle of water in one shot like I used to. I know I'll have an easier time in the summer because I will be outside gardening and doing yard work. Right now I'm stuck inside because it too Damn cold to go outside. 30 degrees yesterday was a heat wave lol.