Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

ChrisOfCourse

MyFitnessPal Forums

Rate this Entry
I started using MyFitnessPal a few weeks ago to track my intake and my exercise, and it's been really useful. There is a community feature and forums that I was curious about, so I started browsing them today. What I found has definitely made me shy away. The amount of negativity and judgmental attitudes I found there was totally shocking to me. I realize, also, that those forums aren't geared towards WLS folk, but wow... not sure I would want to mention my weight loss method of choice there. Does anyone else use the MyFitnessPal forums? Have they been helpful to you at all or am I better of staying here with my peeps?

Submit "MyFitnessPal Forums" to Digg Submit "MyFitnessPal Forums" to del.icio.us Submit "MyFitnessPal Forums" to StumbleUpon Submit "MyFitnessPal Forums" to Google

Comments

i use my fitness pal and i have a few friends i have friended off here that use it to keep me motivated but i dont browse the forums i dont like what alot of people have to say on there i stick with this forum but it is a great tool to track your food intake and exercise i have used it since about the second week of my surgery friend me i am amt5298 on there and most the friends on my list have had the sleeve so you can browse them and friend them to help you out on there with motivation
    It is a little intense over on mfp. I browsed forever before I "committed" to this forum and I have rarely regretted it. The people on here are warm, welcoming and real.
    I track my intake on myfitnesspal. I've also noticed the less than supportive comments. I just use it for tracking because it works well as a tracker. I've read in some comments that there are groups for weight loss surgery groups but I haven't been able to find one on myfitnesspal. Not everyone chooses the same route for weight loss and I would never criticize anyone for using what worked for them but not everyone feels that way. It's either their way or the wrong way. I have found nothing but excellent support here at this site, it's a keeper.
    I use My Fitness Pal and love it. I started the first day I met with my NUT, so about a year ago. Stay out of the forums--find a group!! You're welcome to join my small group, MOBO MOTO, a motivational challenge (we just started our spring fling four week challenge... You set goals for fitness, nutrition, and weight loss) group. Very diverse group and wls folks welcome. My MFP name is KarenZen. Message me and I can add you to the group. Another good group is For the Morbidly Obese started by Julie Worley. To join that, you'd have to message RatPat13 and ask for an add as it's a closed group. That group is more of a friendship/support without the challenges.

Chris, I think you would love MOBO MOTO and do well with the spring fling challenge. Read thee Feb 20 thread in that group to see my four week goals.