Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

ChangingShape66

Hemoglobin Blues...

Rate this Entry
So guess who got to spend Friday night in the hospital getting a blood transfusion because her hemoglobin was 6.7 ? Well... that would be me!

On Friday I went in to have routine blood work drawn for my appointment with my bariatric surgeon tomorrow morning. I had my blood drawn at 9:00 am and at 4:00 pm I get a call from my PCP's office telling me that my hemoglobin was at a critcal low lever and that I needed to go to the nearest emergency room. A few moments later my bariatric center calls and gives me the same directive. So, off to the hospital I went, not exactly how I wanted to spend my Friday night. After 2 units of blood my hemoglobin only rose to 7.8 we were hoping for closer to the low end of normal (10). I have always had low iron levels an on surgery day my hemoglobin was only 9. I have struggled with Anemia for years.

Add to the mix that I have a large fibroid, that is making things worse. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	January 16.15.jpg 
Views:	551 
Size:	483.8 KB 
ID:	23486So....time to start the hysterectomy journey.

Submit "Hemoglobin Blues..." to Digg Submit "Hemoglobin Blues..." to del.icio.us Submit "Hemoglobin Blues..." to StumbleUpon Submit "Hemoglobin Blues..." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I had the same problem with low hemoglobin so my Dr. put me on some prescription iron to shoot it up and it really helped