Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

lundbergmn

Prayer request

Rate this Entry
I need a favor. My sister is in need of a lot of prayers. 2 days ago she went into a catatonic state from stress! Her life is chaotic! Her husband hasn't worked in 3 years due to health issues but he's been denied disability twice & she's been paying his child support & working part time trying to find a full time job in her field. He's a John Wayne type who doesn't help her out around the house or cook. I am terrified for her that she is going to have a stroke or worse! So please pray for her. Her name is Janine. I don't know what to do for her. Her life has gone downhill ever since she met this man! But she loves him! Before they were married his house caught fire, he lost custody of his kids because he hit his daughter w/ a belt, then the camper they were living in got infested in mold. Then they got married & moved home to my grandmothers house which he decided to do "repairs on" but never finished then he had to quit working because of his back issues. And she won't hear a bad word toward him! I wish I could help her but I don't know how other than to ask for prayers.

Submit "Prayer request" to Digg Submit "Prayer request" to del.icio.us Submit "Prayer request" to StumbleUpon Submit "Prayer request" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

That's a tough one. I'll pray for Janine and her situation. I know God hears our prayers and God can perform miracles. I heard someone once say how people always say, "I don't know what else to do but pray," when that is the first thing we should do! So Pray, and believe, and God will not let us down. He has perfect timing and a perfect plan. You're sister is fortunate to have such a caring brother.
    To GOD be the GLORY....This to shall pass....
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrla
    That's a tough one. I'll pray for Janine and her situation. I know God hears our prayers and God can perform miracles. I heard someone once say how people always say, "I don't know what else to do but pray," when that is the first thing we should do! So Pray, and believe, and God will not let us down. He has perfect timing and a perfect plan. You're sister is fortunate to have such a caring brother.
    Thank you but my names Michele. Lol
    I thought you were asking for prayers for your sister, Janine. I said a prayer for her and I'll say a prayer for you as well, Michele. My apologies!
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrla
    I thought you were asking for prayers for your sister, Janine. I said a prayer for her and I'll say a prayer for you as well, Michele. My apologies!

Oh, I said brother..... Haha now I get it! Nice to meet you Michele!! Lol
    I only know about florida financial aid. Though, how it's ran here is based off of house hold income. If her hours are reduced or she had to leave her job for medical reasons, have both of them get a doctor to write something up. Basically saying that they are unable to work. It will most likely take a few tries. Sooner or later they will okay it. Best of luck to them. Also tell them to apply for food stamps AFTER they apply financial aid
    So sorry to hear this. Sending positive vibes her way! Crossing my fingers.......
    What a tough situation to have your sister be in. Especially if she is so taken in she won't hear a bad word about him. I can't even imagine.
    I will send all my positive thoughts for her - but may I suggest a strategy that might be helpful? She must be in psychiatric treatment currently if she is catatonic. Fill in her physician / social worker or whoever is the lead contact person for her treatment team. Even if she hasn't signed a release to share information with you - you can ALWAYS let the professionals treating her know that you only want to share important information with them. They need the insight into what has happened to put her in this state, and I really doubt her legal next of kin / husband who is the source of the stress is going to be forthright about this! She needs you to speak up for her. Maybe the social worker can plant a seed in her head that help is available. Even if she is not ready to hear it right now, perhaps in time she will begin to consider that she deserves better.
    Prayers for your sister and a hug for you.
    Wow! It would be hard to watch as a sister. But you have to put boundaries up. She cannot burden you with her situation or YOU will have a stroke.
    She needs a therapist,,fast!! That is what you can help her with as a sister.
    If you try for disability I found you really have a hard time getting it without a lawyer. Whatever you receive afterwords they take their part out of it. Go that way, it is what I had to do. Hope things go better for your family.
    Praying that Janine's situation gets much better.
    Prayers for you and your sister...
    lundbergmn I do hope that you and your sister Janine can get through this difficult time. Stress can definitely wreak havok on the mind, body and soul! I am praying for you both. Please be sure set aside some time to take care of yourself too, though. It's tough when you're close to the situation, but you're doing the right thing: care and be concerned but only do what you can do. Don't overextend yourself or there will be no one left to take care of the other! Hugs and prayers!