Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

salma2013

6 month diet mandatory by insurance !!!

Rate this Entry
Dear sleevers;

i have been doing great ! but this post is not about me.
a dear friend of mine just started her journey and since i was fortunate enough not to have to go thru this i am unable to advise her. she has to go for 6 month mandatory diet supervised by a nutritionist

1- how much weight should be expected to lose, and not lose her chance fro insurance approving the surgery
2- i know if her BMI goes less than 40 she will be rejected, is this correct?
3- 6 month is such a long time and i want to be as much support as possible so she dont lose interest or life gets in her way to feeling better, she has 2 toddles so as many of you could relate it gets crazy.

please those of you who have experience with the insurance games please advise

thank you all

Submit "6 month diet mandatory by insurance !!!" to Digg Submit "6 month diet mandatory by insurance !!!" to del.icio.us Submit "6 month diet mandatory by insurance !!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "6 month diet mandatory by insurance !!!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

What insurance does she have? I also have mandatory meeting with a nutritionist for 6 months but told me ahead of time the % of weight I need to lose for surgery. Depending on how much weight she has to lose to start with I guess would determine if she drops under 40. I would think if you have been approved going under 40 shouldn't matter. Does she have high blood pressure, or sleep apnea....ect?
    no she dont have HB or sleep apnea. kaiser is her insurance and she must go to providers they tell her to. not helping much. and the nutritionist didnt give her % to lose
    I have Kaiser as well. I started out at 223. I am 5ft 2. I was told i will need to lose 11 pounds by the time of the surgery. I meet with my nutritionist once every 6 months. I cannot skip a month or will have to start over. She would also have to attend 1 group meeting.
    This is their process. She should have received a packet at the orientation. I am now 213 at 3 months in and I am under 40 but then again I have sleep apnea and gerd ( not sure if that plays a part in it). I think she should ask more questions. This doesn't sound right to me only bc I have the same insurance. Also, she should have received a letter prior to meeting with the nutritionist stating that she was approved providing she meets the requirements for the surgery.
    butterfly53- thank you so much for the information . i didn't hear from her about a letter, and the Nutritionist didn't tell her how much weight she needs to loos either. she don't have medical conditions, so i am pretty sure the BMI must stay above 40. i will tell her . thank you again