Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Khartt

Surgical Anniversary

Rate this Entry
So I posted quickly yesterday about having my one year surgical anniversary. I am within 2 pounds of the low end of the weight range my surgeon gave me, and I've lost more than 51% of my excess body fat (by September 8 mons out). I didn't lose much muscle during the process so my poundage lost is a little less than they expected, and I actually gained muscle mass during this year. To say I am happy is a massive understatement.

Clothes shopping is such a joy. I have to reign myself in or I'd go crazy. I can purchase clothes out of a catalog and have them fit. That feeling is incredible. But the best feeling is being able to eat like a normal person, just a bit smaller portion. I don't restrict anything, well, maybe dessert as I never have any room for even a taste. I do have a Skinny Cow Ice Cream bar in the evening once a week and Sugar Free Popsicles or Fudgesicles are always in the freezer. I never felt good about having dessert before, always the guilt even if it was sugar free, or I'd eat more because it was sugar free. No longer.

Using the tools from my SWL program I eat smaller portions off a small plate suing a small fork, eat slowly and don't drink with my meals. All the tools from other weight loss plans, but now I have the small stomach to match. If I have a sugar free chocolate (Russel Stover's) I nibble it instead of popping the whole candy in my mouth. I savor my food, all of it and that has helped me stay on track.

I'll continue to track every morsel I eat, If I bit it I write it! I'll continue to wear my FitBit so I can see how many calories I expend every day. I will never get to the high water mark again (189 per my surgeon).

I have more incentive too, one of my nieces is getting married in June, a very formal wedding, and I want a stunning dress in a size 10 or smaller, and not black! I have just 38 pounds to be at goal weight I would like to see for a normal BMI - I can do this!!

Submit "Surgical Anniversary" to Digg Submit "Surgical Anniversary" to del.icio.us Submit "Surgical Anniversary" to StumbleUpon Submit "Surgical Anniversary" to Google

Tags: anniversary Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Yes you can do this. And so can I.

2015 is the year we're going to do this.
    Rah-rah, siss-boom-bah! Good for you!
    Awesome!! Love this post.
    Congratulations! I remember we were sleeved almost at the same time! Life is good!
    Isn't it fun?!? My only problem is I have NOT been able to reign myself in and I've gone crazy shopping. I'm now a clothes whore, and I love it.
    Sraebaer, I'm a boot whore - I've purchased 5 pairs this year and got two for Christmas!
    Congratulations!!! So excited, continue setting your goals and for June you will wear that stunning dress!