Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Dpollyann

Pre-op diet harder than I thought

Rate this Entry
Today is day five of fourteen. I'm feeling like I can't make it. Headache, hunger pains, etc. I thought it would not be so tough. Has anyone else struggled with the pre-op? Trying to hang in there by taking one day at a time (or minute). Thanks.

Submit "Pre-op diet harder than I thought" to Digg Submit "Pre-op diet harder than I thought" to del.icio.us Submit "Pre-op diet harder than I thought" to StumbleUpon Submit "Pre-op diet harder than I thought" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

wow...I hear ya!!! The way I curbed my hunger pain is always having something to drink nearby..like water or chicken broth....
    Beef broth over chicken, I honestly went a little heavy on the sugar free jello, ate the bariatric vitamins at the same time as my first daily shake to be more filling. I'm on day 9 and I'm still not totally used to it, but those few things helped tremendously so far.
    Hang in there and remember why you are doing this. It has to be a very difficult time of the year for you to be doing this but you can do it! There is really no easy way around it, its difficult for us food addicts no matter how you slice it. Just be strong and it will all be a distant memory soon! Merry Christmas!!
    It about killed me. I mean if it was easy we wouldn't be having surgery, right?
    Stay strong! The first few days are the absolute worse as your body and mind are detoxing from all of the crap you usually feed it. The headaches and hunger pains will subside. Keep remembering your goal and that this short term discomfort will be so worth it!
    By far this was the worst part of the entire process. My pre-op consisted of nothing but bariatric shakes 5x/day and unlimited water. I never could do that many shakes but even so by the time of surgery, sweet was the last thing I wanted.
    You are probably through the worst as candik said, just hang in there, it's great on the other side.
    Thanks for all the encouragement. It was actually day 4 so today is day 7 and I am feeling much better. I keep reminding myself of the healthier me that is coming. Also, this site has been a blessing!