Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

rockscott40

excess skin

Rate this Entry
wanting to hear all ideas on how to lessen excess skin

Douglas Scott

Submit "excess skin" to Digg Submit "excess skin" to del.icio.us Submit "excess skin" to StumbleUpon Submit "excess skin" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

More than likely you will have some excessive skin. A few things play a role in the amount of excessive skin you will have ( age, amount of weight loss, etc.). I have been exercising in attempt to keep the amount I have down and it seems to be working. Good Luck!
    Plastic surgeons say if we're looking to have plastic surgery to remove excess skin, we should wait at least a year after losing our weight and remaining weight-stable before doing so. The reason for that is so that our bodies / muscles / skin / body tissues have a chance to stabilize before surgery is done. I take that to mean that what we look like immediately after losing all our weight is not necessarily what we'll look like a year later or afterwards, even without plastics.

I've also seen posts here and elsewhere from people who say their facial shapes and tissues also tighten and change during the year after weight loss. That supports my conclusion that time and patience are on our side.

Certainly muscle building and toning exercises will help everything look better.

Ultimately, if you are so inclined, surgery can help, too. However, having seen some awful after-plastic surgery pix, I think you must do VERY good due diligence to find a plastic surgeon who gets consistently good results.
    I have almost 35 lbs of excess skin from loosing 295 lbs but I have noticed if I use coconut oil on the loose skin and wear compression garments like spanx or something to hold the skin in place so its not being pulled on by gravity that can help a lot in getting tthe skin to shrink. Recently I am working with doTERRA oils and was told to try grapefruit oil in my coconut oil for skin tightening. Oddly enough I did their scan thing (they scan your hand to see what you are lacking) and it said i was lacking things that are directly related to damaged skin. So who knows but I am also working on learning about non-profit foundations and how to form one because after losing so much weight the saggy baggy skin prize at the end is not the best and I would love to be able to help not only myself but others who have made it so far and have such a cruel reminder of how far we have come.
    I didn't worry about it, I was just so excited to be a regular sized person. Sure, I won't be wearing a bikini, but I look perfectly fine in clothes. I do exercise and lost 75 pounds to get to where I am today, so had less to lose than some. I'm sure that makes a difference.
    My husband noticed all my saggy skin just recently and he was surprised. Granted I usually don't get nude in front of him often lol.But he has told me he would support me mentally and financially whenever needed.....so that helps a lot hes awesome