Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Sleevelife

Hypothyroidism with sleeve

Rate this Entry
Hi. I'm 4 weeks post op and getting a little stressed about weight loss so far. I'm only down 13 lbs since my surgery on 11/4/14. I have been very diligent in following the rules and have Ben using the treadmill. Any others out there with hypothyroidism that have experienced the same? I'm so scared that this huge decision may not payoff

Submit "Hypothyroidism with sleeve" to Digg Submit "Hypothyroidism with sleeve" to del.icio.us Submit "Hypothyroidism with sleeve" to StumbleUpon Submit "Hypothyroidism with sleeve" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Don't panic. If the scale hasn't moved in a while you're probably experiencing what's called the "three week stall" which is where around the third week your weight loss stalls for a couple weeks or more. Just keep at it and you should break free and begin losing again soon.
    I have hypothyroidism as well. I don't know that it has caused me to not see the weight loss others experience. My surgeon told me that it does slow it down some but that I will be able to hit my goal weight. I am willing to have it be slower. I feel so much better post surgery than I did before so it is already worth it to me. Good luck!
    I have thyroid too...... and the weight has gone, well nearly all,,,,x x x dont stress, you are probably at the 3 week stall stage that can last for ages......you made the right choice x x
    I don't have a thyroid since 2003 due to a benign tumor. I have lost 137 lbs, so don't let that be a barrier. You may lose slower, because I sure did! I am 2.5 years out and still working on last 7 lbs. Best to you!
    NOOO! Don't judge the success of your surgery at 4 weeks. Tell me how you feel after a year! You will lose weight, promise, just not overnight.
    My thyroid is dead. I have virtually no metabolism. My doctor has assured me that I WILL lose weight, but maybe at a slower pace to others with thyroid function. He also said that perhaps it's kinder on the skin, anyway!