Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

zmdh39

14 Million Dollars! What????

Rate this Entry
[QUOTE=zmdh39;487239]Yeah, that's correct, 14 MILLION dollars and a date with destiny have a lot do to with the untold tale of my WSL story...I realized I had never shared this part of my story with you guys, so I figured that it was about time I should...

For many of you that know me from this forum, or have read some of my post you may know that in 2010 I had my son. You may also be aware this was the same year that I found it impossible to lose weight, but what none of you know is that this was the same year that started the wheels churning towards my date with WLS destiny.

In 2010, I began working on a project with my team that was intended to be an extension piece based on an intellectual property built by my fiancé nearly decade prior. It was such a revolutionary, complex build, that a major company offered us 14 million dollars to by the exclusive rights to it.

Most people will never have the opportunity to even see what 14 million dollars looks like in their lifetime. Yet, we knew the magnitude and specialized nature of what we had built, and we knew that its value in the long run of things would be worth far more than 14 million dollars, so we declined the offer.

Instead my fiancé and I decided to self-fund the initial launch of this piece ourselves, which ended up costing us a little over a million dollars to do. The 2011 initial launch calculations indication that we very much had a winning formula. With those kind of profits accumulating every month, consistently we felt this was a project that was well worth taking to the cooperate level…so we did.

We relocated to Texas, a select few had already been setting up the offices and hiring staff…(Here’s a little tidbit of advice, if you ever decide to take a tech company to a cooperate level make sure you team is made of the right players)…When we, the creators of the whole thing arrived in Texas, we already knew this structure was in serious trouble…despite we had already secured a strong client based that was turning a profit of over 55k a month, the partners had structured the company with far too much overhead…there were old school business guys, who didn’t understand that in today’s society, in the tech industry…you to need a 60,000 sqft office, 50-100 employees, an HR system and 3rd party hiring firms from the get go.

Yet, they setup all of that and immediately tanked not just ALL of the reoccurring revenue we spent a year creating, but had created an overhead cost that was doomed to slow walk this company to death because they failed to realize none of that shit was needed in the first place, especially for a start-up company.

My team spent months trying to correct their mistakes, rebuild infrastructure and operations and despite the fact that we had built this entire thing with our bare hands, the old school guys heeded none of our advice.

Now, this where destiny stepped in for me. Most of the ivory tower guys didn’t realize that I had such a huge part in the construction of this program…even the part I never worked on, I knew inside and out…those guys just assumed I was the idiot girlfriend of the true genius and show pony.

As much as I hated this, when I look back today being view in that light very much lead me to a much better path. Since I was the assumed useless girlfriend, I spent many days, initially at the office talking to some of the hired on managers…My first stroke of luck was meeting a manager that told me she was considering weight loss surgery…genuinely, before that very moment I never knew that weight loss surgery was an option for me…I was totally clueless.

Not long into my work down there, everyone in that building finally realized the knowledge that I possessed on this piece, and realized that I was the perfect person to train all of the employees.

For months I sat in board rooms explaining how to best sell the product, its functions, capabilities and how to used them properly…I really enjoyed that and still to this day teaching people new concepts and different approaches to the same problem.
In my down time, and some off the other teams down time they helps me research my weight loss surgery…NOTHING makes research so much easier when you have a floor full of uber techs at your disposal.

At point in time I remember being pulled in the office of the CEO, this guy weighed well over 400lbs, his reason for pulling me in was to ask me about weight loss advice, and what I thought of the HCG diet. I was utterly confused, and didn’t know whether I should be happy he thought I had been successful at weight loss…I was not, that point in time I weighed the most I ever had…or if this was so sick office joke and I should smack him for it?

For months I continued teaching new staff, but I knew that the health of the company was not going to survive, and became disinterested as I knew a slow walk to death was an inevitable fate.

During those months I had consulted with many TX surgeons about WLS, but it was apparent that even if they approved me, we would not be in TX long enough for me to meet the requirements to have surgery…boom, one more door slammed in my face. Thank God, our main programmer was from Mexico, and had suggested that I search down there as well, he helped me find and translated the info for me.

Eventually, I ended up on this forum…found it by total luck, and met a person who had recently been sleeved by Dr. Quinones.
By this time we had decided to soft land the company, millions had been wasted because the partners failed to heed our advice and we simply refused to waste any more money supporting a formula that was not going to work. We decided to dissolve the company and license the technology out.

Now, I am sure most of you would think that someone who just turn down 14 million dollars, spent over a million of their own money, and millions more on a dysfunctional business model would be drastically effected by all this…I wasn’t…not in the least…you know what was on my mind…my obesity, and how it was getting out of hand.

I continued to research for a long time after we shut that company down…I never reeled from the losses or the potential of that company, that product, the money that had been spent…because you hit this certain point when you jump from a very poor economic upbringing, to a very wealthy one, where you realize…money just can’t buy happiness…or so I thought.

In the end, $4,000 dollars of the best money I have ever spent, a plane ticket, and a date with destiny…I met this guy (Still to this day I consider him the greatest rock-star I have ever met):

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22375[/ATTACH]

His name is Dr. Sergio Quinones…and aside from that midget doctor we all see on reality TV, he was the shortest, sweetest surgeon and talented surgeon I have ever met in my life…I am not actually sure of his height, 5’3 maybe, who cares, he was a surgical genius…but as it turned out money COULD buy happiness.

I don’t think many people ever realized…I sure didn’t, but in 2012 for fat kids such as myself, a person very much could buy happiness and better health in Tijuana Mexico…for $4,000 bucks…how amazing is that! Screw the border patrol, these people are awesome…I say let them all hop the boarder and save us some cash and red tape BS!

Relax…I am just kidding…it’s a joke! The lesson of the story is that fate took over 2 years, 14 million dollars, a few million more, one company destroyed by ignorance, and a little bit of faith for me to finally meet my fate with WLS destiny…and despite the battles and losses in between…I have never been so happy to lose millions of dollars and meet a Mexican surgeon in my LIFE! Dr. Quinones and his staff helped me change my life…and to me…that is worth all the money in the world my friends!

I will be forever grateful for that portion of my destiny!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22376[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]22377[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]22378[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]22379[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]22380[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]22381[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo20102323232.JPG 
Views:	567 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	22375   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Facechange.jpg 
Views:	542 
Size:	78.9 KB 
ID:	22376   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ra2small.jpg 
Views:	571 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	22377   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	collage-2014-08-23 (1).jpg 
Views:	592 
Size:	182.9 KB 
ID:	22378   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mbefore.jpg 
Views:	574 
Size:	27.2 KB 
ID:	22379  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	me4.jpg 
Views:	589 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	22380   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Progress5272014.jpg 
Views:	600 
Size:	129.7 KB 
ID:	22381  

Submit "14 Million Dollars! What????" to Digg Submit "14 Million Dollars! What????" to del.icio.us Submit "14 Million Dollars! What????" to StumbleUpon Submit "14 Million Dollars! What????" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Thanks, such an inspiration. You look marvelous!
    [QUOTE=bangieb;bt170074]Thanks, such an inspiration. You look marvelous![/QUOTE]

Thank you for your comment. I just decided that there was no amount of money that could replace what obesity had taken from me...case in point my voice: [url=http://www.smule.com/p/243342544_60384583]The Reason - Hoobastank by zmdh39 on Sing! Karaoke by Smule[/url]

Not my greatest, but in time I can rebuild it, and thank God for that!
    Wonderful story! $4k and some hope and faith and you came out a new person. That is exactly what I did in September and I love it!!
    Marvelous story--congratulations!!
    Great story and very inspiring.
    [QUOTE=Ladykk;bt170114]Great story and very inspiring.[/QUOTE]

Thank you Lady! Glad you enjoyed it.
    Great story & you look amazing in a bikini!!!