Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Jennifer149

Panic!!!!!

Rate this Entry
So, my surgery is one week tomorrow with Dr. Almanza. When I made this decision, I was 100% sure... I was confident that this was the right decision. I have read information blogs, visited the forums and watched countless YouTube videos.
I've had several food funerals, and have been counting down the number of days I have at this size.

WHY NOW AM I STARTING TO PANIC????

I have butterflies in my stomach all the time... Please tell me this is normal!!

Submit "Panic!!!!!" to Digg Submit "Panic!!!!!" to del.icio.us Submit "Panic!!!!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Panic!!!!!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Butterflies are def normal!!! You will prob have them up till surgery! But this is the best decision that you have made trust me. I wen through the same feeling. However no more food funerals tho... i promise in moderation you will be able to enjoy those things again. I have 4 weeks post op and i have no regrets.. not able to eat all the things i use to enjoy.. some i will never eat again!!!

Good luck on your surgery.. stay encouraged!!!!!!
    This is a big change. I am nervous too. My surgery is coming up shortly.
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyvm
    This is a big change. I am nervous too. My surgery is coming up shortly.
    Our surgery is on the same day!! It just seems like a lot of the posts I am reading now, are from people having regrets and complications... I am not worried about missing the food... I am just terrified of something going wrong!!!
    I'm 2 days after you with Dr Almanza, I'm not nervous yet, I'm really excited. I'm sure in the next few days I will start getting nervous.
    My surgery is on the same day as yours and I have exactly the same feelings. Nervous but anxious! If I could get it done tomorrow and stop all the worrying I defintely would! Best of luck to you and lets keep in touch.
    Quote Originally Posted by WeightMatters
    My surgery is on the same day as yours and I have exactly the same feelings. Nervous but anxious! If I could get it done tomorrow and stop all the worrying I defintely would! Best of luck to you and lets keep in touch.
    Absolutely!! I've added you as a friend!! Good luck to you!
    I have lost 35 pounds since surgery and feel a little lighter everyday but it's not just the weight causing me to feel lighter. It's knowing this time I WILL KEEP THE WEIGHT OFF!!! That is what this surgery gives you. It's not the easy way but it is an easier way. For the first time you'll feel you control the food not the other way around. I love being the one in control finally.
    I didn't feel anxious or panic until I went back to the OR. Just when I was thinking....what am I doing?? I wanted to change my mind. It was then I woke up in recovery. Lol

It is normal to feel excited, scared, anxious, nervous and an array of mixed emotions. You will struggle after surgery too....but it will be worth all of the work. I remember feeling a lot of emotions just before giving birth to my children. I had pain but now looking back I survived that and I survived the sleeve. No regrets!! It was worth it all! Look at my before and after pics. I could not have done this without the sleeve. Hang in there and I know you will be saying the same thing to someone else experiencing what you are experiencing at this moment.

Hugs,
    Laura
    I too was very anxious. Had that beautiful man not given me the "happy juice" I would have ran all the way home from TJ!! Now I have zero regrets! I only wish I would have done it sooner!!
    Congratulations. Everything should be fine.

Focus on the positive. The new you. The weight you will lose. The NSVs that will happen.
    The longer, healthier and better quality life you will live, etc.

Let the nurses know you are a little nervous, they will help keep you relaxed and will be reassuring.
    Jennifer, if you've not been on this board for a long time, you have NOT seen what happens 3-4-5-6 months post-op: Those people who were initially miserable, freaked out, regretful almost ALL start posting about how happy they are and how they wouldn't trade their sleeve for all the tea in China. In fact, I saw one of those posts just yesterday. If I see it again, I'll post a link to it here.

IMHO, the only valid reason you should back out of surgery is if you weren't the one making the decision fully on your own and you were influenced by others who want to control your life. In that case, you DO need to reclaim your authority over your own decisions.

But if your decision to have WLS was a rational one, made by you for good reasons (and only you know what reasons qualify as "good reasons" in terms of your own medical and life and psychological situation) and nothing has changed since your decision, then try to breathe more deeply and just soldier on through.

Best wishes to you -- either way.