Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

CherokeeGirl

The surgery

Rate this Entry
Oh my....
we had to be up early to get to Flagstaff in time. It's an hour drive. On our way up, hubby and I held hands and i told him, "well,I'm going to be thinner even then when we met" I needed to lose 30 pounds when we met but he thought I was perfect then. During quite time, I would think about going home to see my family in February and being a lot thinner. We got there and my Dr was ahead of schedule, so we got started early. My Dr came in and patted my knee and ask if i was all ready and I said "yep....give me a nice tight little pouch" and help my thumb in the ups position.

I woke up throwing up...horribly and a lot, they gave me something for it that helped to a degree....this is always an issue with me . hubby and my middle son came in, they moved me to my room and i told them to please go home...it's an hour drive and all they could do id sit and watch me dry heave or sleep.

They keep coming in and taking my vitals and then it seemed as they were coming in a lot taking my vitals. i was feeling very very out there, and i told my Dr that I must of sprained my neck and back dry heaving because it was very painful to move at all. He said no...he didn't think that's what it was from. More people kept coming into my room and i would here someone say , she really doesn't look good, they kept taking my blood pressure over and over and I head someone say, "call her husband"....I felt confused and so light headed i didn't really care abut anything. I remember sighing something and some someone saying emergency room stat and stat blood matching now.

I wake up dazed, miserable.....so, i was bleeding internally and my blood pressure bottomed out, they had to give me blood. The blood was leaking around the muscles in my neck and back and i have to say as a woman who has given natural child birth, that's the worst pain I have ever felt. I was ICU for a couple of day and them moved to my own room. I was in for five days.....

Home typical..pain, movement hurt.I just wanted to sleep. I ended up back at the hospital for dehydration

so....here I am. It the 29th of October and i was sleeved on the 6th with emergency surgery on the 7th...and i have lost....are you ready TAAADAAA
FIVE frigging tiny little pounds, while everyone else sleeved on the same day have 20 to 35 pounds.
I feel defeated, depressed, confused a failure and like I put myself and my family though a lot for nothing

Submit "The surgery" to Digg Submit "The surgery" to del.icio.us Submit "The surgery" to StumbleUpon Submit "The surgery" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I am thinking that a lot of what you haven't lost is from all the IV fluids that you would have received while in the hospital. Give it some time, it will go...walk what you can tolerated that will also help move those fluids around and out of your system and keep sipping on water. Good luck....chin up!
    It's still only early days, please allow your body the time to get over the shock that it has been through. I was sleeved two and a half weeks ago and I'm not going near scales to weigh myself until I go back to my surgeon for a followup in two weeks. Please take the pressure off yourself and leave the scales for a while, let your body heal and do all you need to help it. This will turn around for you.
    Your body has went through way too much to worry about weight loss this month. You will most definitely see the loss you were looking for by February. You have to think that your body was literally fighting for it's life only a couple of weeks ago and surely trying to hang on to everything possible at this time. That along with the amount of fluids they pumped into you, I am surprised that you lost anything yet. Give it time, rest as much as you need to, and when you feel up to it then take it slow and walk and keep sipping those fluids.
    I know it must seem like a lot to go through for five pounds. But don't worry about how much you have or haven't lost yet. Your body just went through a couple of surgeries and they have filled you to the brim with fluids. All that will keep your weight on. Just relax and let yourself heal. The weight loss will happen.
    I can only sort of sympathize, I had a very rough start, including night of surgery, going in and out, but did not have to have another surgery, had dehydration too. Just found out this week I am severely malnourished (yes, we can be overweight, and malnourished) and literally have no vitamins or minerals in me. I had been stuck at the same weight for 10 days and had only lost 7 pounds since the surgery, I was devastated also. Why had I done this? etc... After going to the hospital for liquids, a nutritionist, and a bariatric doc came to see me and told me I would not lose weight until my body quit trying to eat itself to death. They said I needed way more calories and protein and liquid. Since I have been home, I have been adding calories to just about everything as they suggested, and I'll be damned I have lost 5lbs this week already. Still feel very weak, but am taking their liquid vitamins and extra liquid iron so should start to feel better in a week or two. You might want to try adding more calories along with trying to get your protein down. People like us that have lost a lot of blood, need these calories to heal, and to lose. Just some thoughts I thought I would share.
    Donna
    Don't get down on yourself! Everyone loses weight at a different rate and you had complications on top of it. Just keep on the diet and don't feel defeated or compare yourself to others, you will get on track and I am confident you will do amazing!
    dont knock your self down so, your body has gone through alot and it needs to adjust. the important thing is your here, with your family. give it time and you will see it will start to come off. you had a few opstical but your going to by pass that. best of luck.
    CherokeeGirl, I believe with you that things will get much better for you in the near future. Keep on doing what you are supposed to do & you will reap the rewards of your faithfulness. Keep hope alive. I have had slow weight loss as well, but I'll take it. I've lost 36 lbs in 3 months, but what the difference 36 lbs makes! I think I would do better if I could consume more calories, but I'm really doing the best I can. When I try to stuff myself I feel miserable. I can't. I also feel like I eat so much meat now-Too much! But salad (formerly my favorite) still doesn't agree with me. Whatever I have to eat, I can eat a 3rd of it or half at best.

Hang in for a year before you make a hard, fast judgement. That's what I'm trying to do. I feel way better than I did before the surgery. Hang in and be positive & loving with yourself. Good luck!