Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

ABetterBrandi

Today is the day

Rate this Entry
So, here it is! THE day.

Yesterday my husband and I flew from Atlanta to San Deigo landing just after noon west coast time.

I carried with me two premixed shakes and one bottle of water. I also brought chicken bullion cubes but have not used any. I wish I had brought more water but that's because I'm cheap.

We spent a little over an hour in a cab sightseeing San Diego before we had to met the pick up van at 3pm. La jolla and scripps beach are breathtaking. The weather is amazing, I see why so many love Southern California.

I met a friend from this site while we were waiting and we were both excited and sharing stories. When the van arrived the driver "Tony" approached and asked if we were waiting for the doctor's office. There were 2 other ladies waiting that my friend and I had not noticed. Tony completed roll call, we loaded up and the bonding began. We all shared where we were from, how we got there, anxieties and other information and excitement, etc.

We traveled across the international boarder into Mexico - then promptly on to the hospital for bloodwork and for an EKG. One patient had previous heart issues and was sent to another clinic for additional presurgery testing.

While at the hospital for testing we met two women there with family members who had sleeve surgery that day. Both of these women had surgery (at different locations) 1 and 2 years prior. They were very nice and open about their experiences. They both said despite some obstilces, they would absolutely do it again.

We then went to the hotel, after checking in and settling into our rooms we all met up at the restaurant down stairs. My husband had a huge delicious meal and a beer for $13. And I had the best broth, I have no idea how they make it so much better than I do at home; but it is truly the best. The hotel is as nice as any 4 star or better in the usa.

It had been a long day so we headed to bed by 8pm. I had a hard time sleeping - waking several times wondering if it was time yet. just like a kid on Christmas Eve.

I'm headed for the shower with my hibiclens "soap".

Well, here I go...

Submit "Today is the day" to Digg Submit "Today is the day" to del.icio.us Submit "Today is the day" to StumbleUpon Submit "Today is the day" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Good luck! Please keep us posted on how your surgery went.
    Good luck, Brandi! It will be over before you know it! Tony was my favorite driver, much more fun and personable than any of the others. He was always joking around and called our group of girls "Future Barbies".
    Your husbands dinner sounds like my husbands dinner there last Thursday. He had 3 beers, chips, salsa, a huge hamburger and fries and only paid $12, while I dined on the worlds best broth. I was told the secret is cilantro.
    Don't worry about buying water... The room stocks them and you can ask for more water, Popsicles, juice or jello any time you want from the front desk + you can ask for more chicken broth coupons.
    I am on day 6 today. Yesterday I went back to work... It was tough,but I managed. Day 6 is sooooo much better than day 3 or 4. It's amazing how you really will feel better and better as the days goes by.
    I hope you have a great time while in Mexico! Tell your husband to try the taco stand on the corner outside the hotel. My husband never did, but it smelled so good - I really wish he had!
    Here's wishing you a safe procedure and a fast recovery!
    Thank you for sharing your experience. Wishing you all the best and a safe recovery!
    Good luck, Brandi. Wishing you a successful surgery and easy recovery.
    Sending lots of love. Please keep us posted.
    Brandi, sending you and the other forum member strong wishes for a 100% successful surgery and an easy, fast recovery. Let us her from you when you feel good enough.
    Brandi, was thinking about you today! Hope all went well. Looking forward to seeing your after surgery post!
    Sending u and your new friends, happy thoughts and heal well, Go slow and listen to your body....good nite sweet dreams....
    I hope everything went well for you and that you are doing!