Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

LOVINGCOMET71

1 month post op VSG feeling good ! ! !

Rate this Entry
Well it's been 1 month since my surgery and I must say I feel pretty good.
I have had no pain since surgery I've only vomited once and that was because I let myself get hungry (didnt eat all day) when i got home from work i was starving and even though i didnt/couldnt eat alot i think i ate to fast so I learned not to do that again. It feels good to hear people say you look good youv'e lost some weight , what are you doing and I respond cutting back and walking. I've read tons of post where people say that when they look in the mirror they cant see a difference , well that is me i look in the mirror and I still see the same me the only way i know that i am loosing weight is the fact that my clothes are to big and the scale is steadily creeping downward. My wife keeps asking me would you do it again and i dont really have an answer for her. If it was based purely on the pain/complications of the surgery yes I would do it again because I had no pain or complications but it hard to say about the weight I guess because i cant see a difference yet. But overall I am HAPPY ! ! !

Submit "1 month post op VSG feeling good !  ! !" to Digg Submit "1 month post op VSG feeling good !  ! !" to del.icio.us Submit "1 month post op VSG feeling good !  ! !" to StumbleUpon Submit "1 month post op VSG feeling good !  ! !" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

So good to hear you are doing so well. Keep it up! I'm anxiously awaiting my surgery date.
    I do have a question for those of you that are already sleeved, are you supposed to feel the fullness in your throat/chest area or should i feel fullness in my stomach as i did prior to surgery?
    I'm 4 weeks out today and it has been funny/great to hear everyone ask about the weight loss. I had a bit of pain/nausea/vomiting right after surgery. Myself I'd still do it again.

I don't really feel full, a kinda full feeling takes a minute or two. After a few minutes I do get a tight feeling literally the top of where my stomach really is located.
    Congratulations on your success!!! I can relate about seeing yourself different in the mirror. I still can't really tell a big difference when I look in the mirror. I know there is one, 77 pounds is a big difference! Only when I get dressed can I really tell because my clothes are much smaller. Funny how our minds take time to catch up?
    Congrats to you!
    Congrats to you lady! This is a great, scale going down and clothes getting bigger are definitly fantastic measurements of your success....keep it up!
    I'm unsure about the fullness, I can say that I feel fullness in my throat/chest when I eat a few bites too fast. Kinda feels like I have to burp, then the sensation go away.
    LuckyCharmz82 that is the feeling I'm talking about I have to literally make myself burp for the feeling to subside , so maybe I am eating to fast, gotta work on slowing down a bit even though I thought I was eating slow.
    I feel it if I eat too fast or too much. I have to learn to put a small amount of food on my plate. old habits die hard though and I find my self taking too much food. so I am training myself to put about four oz. of food on my plate. about four tablespoons and my stomach is full. if I eat too much I don't feel good for a while. I am stalled now and a bit frustrated but seeing the dr./nut tomorrow to see what my next step is. keep up the good work all!
    Comet, I don't know for sure (haven't put a scope down my throat to confirm this), but when I have felt a full or stuffed sensation anywhere in the area between my throat and my bra line, I assume it's being caused by food I've eaten that's still in the esophagus that cannot get into my new tummy because I've already filled it up.

In other words, I've overeaten. Not good. Don't want to do that.

In fact, in the last week I've cut back my meal portions by about an ounce (from 4 oz. to 3 oz. and from 3 oz. to 2 oz., depending on the meal). That has completely eliminated that "esophagus full" feeling.

BTW, I've read that "storing food in your esophagus" is something some lapband patients do to cheat the band. Sounds disgusting, doesn't it!
    Good job. It's so refreshing to hear a positive experience, from the start.

I, too had no pain and no issues. Not even the dreaded gas pains. I felt good after surgery and would do it again in a heartbeat.

And, I, too still see the fat girl in the mirror... a lot. I've gone from a tight 24 to a comfy 8, and still struggle with my naked appearance. Dressed, I feel good, because I can camouflage the rolls and sagging skin. but... that's OK. I'll take 145 over 257 any day of the week!