Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Katie14

What am I feeling? It's Today!!

Rate this Entry
I can't believe today has actually come!! I've thought about this for so long but felt to insecure to go to a weight loss doctor and always thought I could do it myself. I've failed on so many diets or succeeded a little just to gain back, I'm honestly nervous. What if I've gone through all this and I don't do well. What if my body just doesn't want to lose. What if it's worse after?

But, what if it's better? What if it's not about succeeding but getting to a place (no matter what scale or BMI calculations have to say) that I feel better and not embarrassed of myself?

When I dig deep, I really feel like that's going to happen and I'll be so over the moon. I want to be able to go to races with my girls and participate, not just cheer them on from the sidelines. Yes, they're only 14 & 11 and but they're extreme athletes. I want to encourage my kids to be healthy and active and not be doing it from the couch or a chair in front of computer. I want to be able to go on every roller coaster with my kids, because they love scary rides and sometimes I'm too embarrassed to even try and fit. Our last favorite is the beach, we to play in some great waves. I go but it takes me a couple of hours in the 90 degree heat to take off my tshirt and shorts and get in the water with the kids and I always have in the back of my mind what I look like. I can't wait to go to the beach and just enjoy the sunshine!!

Here's to hopefully losing everything!! For this time, that's a good thing!!

Here's to a better quality of life...

Submit "What am I feeling?  It's Today!!" to Digg Submit "What am I feeling?  It's Today!!" to del.icio.us Submit "What am I feeling?  It's Today!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "What am I feeling?  It's Today!!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I can't think of any better reasons / motivations to become healthy than the two you've described.

You can achieve anything in this realm you want to achieve. Go for it!
    Congratulations on taking the step to a healthier and happier you! Your body will lose but you also have to change your mind and how you look at food! Good luck on your journey and be sure to follow everything your doctor tells you!
    Pat yourself on the back and give yourself some credit for taking care of YOU. You are very important to not only your kids, but to yourself and to God. You've been brought to this thought and possibility and owe it to yourself and your family to follow it through.
    I thought it was crazy the first time I heard about the surgery but the more I thought and realized it was brought to me for a reason, I knew it was thee right thing for me. After two and a half years post op and down 95 lbs, I thank God and am living life free for the first time in my almost 56 years...free of the burden of food controlling me. I was on all the yo yo diets and programs for well over 30 plus years, to only get heavier and heavier. Now, the yo yo has stopped and I'm not controlled by hunger or food any longer.
    Don't get me wrong, it takes a great deal of mental power, willingness to change, etc. to complete the cycle and process. It all works together. The sleeve is just a tool, so be sure you're ready to do the whole deal and you'll be so happy you did.
    Keep us posted on how it all goes. We're here for you to give support and any help we can.
    Oh wow! I hope it's all hunky dory ASAP!
    Those visions will keep u going, Make urself happy ,u deserve to be ....Be ur own Beautiful...
    I can totally understand how you feel. just know youre not alone on this journey of a healthier life style.. Best of luck
    You just wrote EVERYTHING I also feel. My kids a re 9&10 and I too am sick of watching from the side lines!! You will do great and I hope once I get approved I will too!
    Yay!!! What a beautiful blog. Now go get 'em tiger!
    Surgery went well, thanks for all the encouraging words. I have no pain and not taking the pain med prescribed. My issue is nausea! It's extremely rough, having a hard time getting liquids in. Feels like an all day job in between sleeping because I'm up all night or a walk around block. The walks help but my legs are like jelly. Getting a little better every day.