Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Christina33000

not loosing weight anymore

Rate this Entry
Hi, my name is Christina, I am 6 weeks post op. I lost 40 lbs in 4 weeks and have stopped loosing for the past 2 weeks. This is very frustrating to be so heavy, eating 700-800 calories a day and not loosing. I am very disheartened. Please help!!! IS this normal???

Submit "not loosing weight anymore" to Digg Submit "not loosing weight anymore" to del.icio.us Submit "not loosing weight anymore" to StumbleUpon Submit "not loosing weight anymore" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I went through this exact thing. at 4 weeks post op, I stopped losing weight and hit my first stall. it lasted about 4-5 weeks and was so frustrating. I thought I would never lose anymore weight. but this morning my stall finally broke! I only lost one pound but it was so good to see the scale move again. I've read this is normal and that everyone's stall last different amounts of time. mine felt like eternity but is finally over! good luck to you!
    I just saw my doctor at my 6 week apt and she took me down to 400 calories a day and an hour of exercise, which means I will be running a deficit of calories. I'm pretty sure this is going to be painful.
    Stalling is VERY normal. Everyone will go through a stall at one point or another. Nothing to worry about. And the further you get out from your surgery the slower the weight loss. So don't worry. Sometimes you just made need to shake up your routine.
    Its so frustrating I know,Especially when were forced to be good I lost 28 pounds my first three week ,and week 4 nothing?????? I"ve had a hard time adapting to phase 3 , that I've been throwing up everything I was Told to eat .So Back to stage 2 for me. Hang in there ,try to mix things up and trick not treat that body lol Good Luck...
    Hi Christina, As most have said, stalling is normal. What I do (and I know I am not in the norm) is I only weigh myself once a month. I have to see my primary once a month for an unrelated issue, where I am weighed. In my opinion (and again, I know I am in the minority) people who have VGS or WLS weigh themselves too often, and it becomes a psychological battle. I read a lot on this forum of people weighing themselves twice a day, or even daily, and are going nuts. I look at it this way: if I don't gain weight, life is good. I am fully aware of what I have to do, and I know eventually my body will adjust. Just one guys thought. Good Luck!!!! Chris
    I would not cut calories. If our calories are too low our body thinks it is starving and our metabolism slows right down. So when we increase them we will gain weight. Whoever told Mzzsugar to eat 400cals per day should not be in the medical field! That is crazy and dangerous!!
    Look,,40lbs in 4 weeks...10lbs a week!!?? And you are depressed? Is that rational thinking? Is it humanly possible to keep losing at that rate? Average that out ,,with the stall and that is nearly 7lbs per week.
    My advice is to keep getting in your water, 60-80g of protein and let the weight come off when it comes off. You know you will.....unless you eat too few calories. Then you will shoot yourself in the foot.
    It's just a temporary stall, you haven't stopped losing weight. I had lots of times where my weight didn't change for 2 or 3 weeks at a time - the longest was about 6 weeks before I dropped my final amount. I never changed a thing to try and break it, just made sure I was doing what I was supposed to be doing and trusted in the process.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mzzsugar
    I just saw my doctor at my 6 week apt and she took me down to 400 calories a day and an hour of exercise, which means I will be running a deficit of calories. I'm pretty sure this is going to be painful.

Doesn't she like you? Sounds like a really rough regimen!
    Your weight loss is excellent! I think you just need to try try try and relax a little more about it. I know this is easier said than done and we all want that weight off Yesterday! Stalls are completely normal and in actual fact it is often advised to do the opposite when a stall occurs so the body stops panicking that something is wrong and you can't find food....give it a little more fir a few days then drop back again. Mixing you calorie intake from higher to lower can help so it doesn't think you can't find enough food anymore and needs yo slow you down!
    I just got out of a stall by increasing calories just a little. I truly believe what terrora said. Our body gets into starvation mode and holds on to everything. At least it worked for me.
    My nurse told me that everyone goes through stalls because the body needs to reevaluate and redistribute the remaining fat so that the body can rid of it safely. I don't know about you, but before surgery, it would have taken me 18 months to loose 40 pounds! You're doing great, hang in there =)
    Maybe you're not eating enough. Are you getting in your required protein minimum? My doc didn't want me counting calories, just protein and liquids.
    I think like everyone who has commented to you.....don't drop to 400 cals. That is crazy! We need at least 500 a day to maintain our organs. It will just come off. I weigh every day but I never get discouraged because the scale says a lot less than it did 4 months ago. I am happy with my loss so far and if I stay at my current weight for a year I would be fine. Celebrate all of your success because you have accomplished a lot in a short amount of time.

Laura
    I lost 9 pounds at my 2 week check up. I had my 6 week check up and only lost 6 pounds. I was eating between 600-850. I have just been released to go back fully at the gym. The nurse practitioner said for weeks 2-12 they say 400-600. 600 is for the over 6 foot man. I should be at 400.