Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

new_Misty_2014

What can I do about HAIR LOSS!! Please Help!!!!

Rate this Entry
I had my surgery last June and I am now starting to lose a large amount of hair. It is getting to the point that it is annoying because it is everywhere!! Every time I wash it or brush it, it goes every where!! I know it is a common side effect of the surgery but does it get better or worse? Any suggestions on how to help slow it down at least?

I am open to any suggestions!!!

--Misty

Submit "What can I do about HAIR LOSS!! Please Help!!!!" to Digg Submit "What can I do about HAIR LOSS!! Please Help!!!!" to del.icio.us Submit "What can I do about HAIR LOSS!! Please Help!!!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "What can I do about HAIR LOSS!! Please Help!!!!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

never too late to start on some vitamins... I take 10,000 mcg of biotin every day... Some iron might help.. or iron rich food... several folks say there are products on the market to use when shampooing.. I use an oil ... Argon oil, after shampooing and conditioning.. little bit goes along way .. I had minimal hair loss... but had been on vitamins even before surgery .. good luck
    I'm having issues with hair loss also but figure it's all part of the process. Not happy with it, but from all the reading on this forum, it looks like it stops at about the six month mark no matter what you do. I've taken great vitamins for years and started taking the biotin before my surgery and I still am noticing hair loss. Guess I'll try the special shampoo, can't hurt (maybe my wallet). Some people have better genes and don't lose it in such great quantities in one place. I got a great haircut that helps cover things until nature gets back on track. It's just hair, it will grow and it's a small price to pay for losing this weight!
    Lost my hair from about three months till around six months. Took Biotin and used Nioxin shampoo and scalp treatment. Didn't help. My hair is now quite nice. When it came in it was better. The Biotin helps with the hair that regrew. You take the good with the bad on this journey.
    I also take biotin and multivitamin. Do you get 60-80 grams of protein a day? I also think everyone is different with hair loss. I am lucky enough to say I did not have any loss. I also was very strict with protein and vitamins.
    Biotin, iron, trace elements like selenium and copper - you need a gooooood multivitamin and MINERAL complex. Fish oil is good, too. Maybe see your doctor if you're concerned?
    I know a lady who was helped by taking Zinc 50mg per day. It really slowed the hair loss down.
    I also read on my hospitals Weight Loss Page, that scalp massage helps. Brings the blood to the hair follicles. I still think protein and vitamins are the ticket. Your hair is the last part of your body to get nutrients. Need to make sure there is enough to feed your hair. I am afraid of that also. For a lot of us our hair was our best feature for years!
    Don't forget collagen. I get mine from organic bone broth but you can buy organic gelatin on line (not the processed stuff from the grocery store like jello etc).

It may help with the hair loss but for sure, if you take it daily, your skin, nails and hair will feel great and your hair will grow back really healthy.
    I feel you! I am in same boat all hair everywhere I get up its all over, I wash it its all over , I brush it its all over....I did take all vitamins months before and still taking after surgery. I wish you luck ..hey we are losing weight though
    Hairfinity.com, I was taking it before my surgery because my BP meds were causing hair loss ,my hair is thicker ,stronger and longer . It works on all hair types it's a multivitamin for hair,it's great! Order on line from the website or even amazon.