Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

BBCorvette18

Well I didn't die

Rate this Entry
Want to start out by say its been a good experience so far. The group I was with went through everything without a hitch. Unfortunately I was the least nervous of the group and sure as shit I had the issue lol.

My mom said the average time for everyone else was about 2.5 hours from heading up stairs to coming back. I was gone for around 7 hours. Apparently I was dizzy, had high blood pressure and was bleeding a bit excessively. I only remember the last bit in the recovery room and I felt good. No pain other then the expected gas pains. But they kept taking my blood pressure and oxygen levels and there were people in the recocery room that were not from my group so I knew something was right. They kept telling me I was ok. Once I got out and my mom said it had been 7 hours I was a little upset that they didn't tell me the complication however I'll assume they didn't want to stress me out to keep my blood pressure im check.

The next hour wasn't bad except for my gas which the gas x strips havent done a damn thing for me. They sat me up and I went into a full body sweat instantly and my blood pressure went up again. My mom wound up staying at the hospital and we got our own room. After 5 or 6 hours and a couple walks I finally able to get a good burp and fart that cleared me out and the good pain meds let me lay on my side and fall asleep.

The staff and everone was very nice and as of now everything is good. Im back at the hotel drinking ice water and walking.

All in all it was an experience and everything is good I just wosh they would of said exactly what was wrong as I can deal with anything except knowing something isn't right and being told its ok lol.

Submit "Well I didn't die" to Digg Submit "Well I didn't die" to del.icio.us Submit "Well I didn't die" to StumbleUpon Submit "Well I didn't die" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I am sorry you had some slight issues with the surgery.
    Congratulations on getting sleeved.

Maybe they didn't want to upset you, that is why they didn't tell you there were some minor complications.

The first day is a little rougher, it only gets better every day.
    Hey Jason- Glad to read your post. You have been on my mind.

I have extremely high blood pressure and have been hospitalized a few times over the years. They have done things like remove the phone from my hospital room and limited my visitors in an effort to manage my blood pressure. So, hopefully that was their reasoning for keeping you in the dark.

I am glad to hear that all in all it went well and you are on the road to recovery!
    Oh I assume thats definitely the reason but I think I could of relaxed better if I didn't know they were misleading me lol
    glad you made it out okay... I guess I was one of the lucky ones with a surgery of only 20 minutes... don't know how long I was in the recovery room... cuz I didn't care.... lol... walk drink water, broth, sleep... and then do it again !!! broth at the hotel is very very good welcome to the other side !!! good luck on your journey!!
    Glad for this update, Jason. Keep us posted. Well wishes coming your way.
    Luckily, the procedure will eventually help you with the high blood pressure. You went to MX, right? I think there might be cultural differences. They don't want to tell us anything that might make us get Ugly American on them. You know how we get. I don't think it's fair to you, but I think they were trying to handle things without having the Cracken released on them. If you knew the whole story, would it effect your blood pressure? Good luck & speedy recovery.
    Sorry you had a rough time!!! Prayers that everything is good from now on!!!
    Oh I know I was a bit irritated when it was going down but I understand why and what they were doing. All in all it was much harder on my mother then me lol. Leak test in the morning hoping all is good
    Glad everything seems to have leveled out for you. Hope every thing gets better from now on. Glad you in good hands over there.
    Actually, your post makes me feel better. You had a semi-complication and aside from how they communicated with you and your mom, they seemed to have handled it well. Thanks for sharing!
    Hello Jason, I am new here. I pray that you have a smooth and blessed recovery.
    BB, you did it!

Congratulations! Every day gets easier. Onward and downward.
    I can't wait to crawl into my bed at home friday night lol. Averaging about 4.5 hours of sleep a night for 4 days straight is irritating me lol
    Best wishes for you to recover quickly. Get lots of rest and put yourself first. Get well soon.
    Best wishes for a quick recovery. Complications happen and it sounds like they took GREAT care of you. I was sleeved on the 17th and can definitely say it does get a little bit better every day!
    No issues at all since about 4am Wednesday morning. Aka 16 hours after heading nack fir the surgery. Leak test went good. Get the drain pulled tonight then head home tomorrow.