Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

isleny1015

Trouble Keeping Food Down Or Actually Eating?

Rate this Entry
Hi Family,

Just has surgery on 5/6/11, Besides having to deal with the tremendous pain and discomfort, I am having alot of trouble eating. Everytime I "eat" whether its water, activia, jello, or broth, I get the only pain because I feel the "food" is stuck and will not move along into my new stomach pouch. Can someone please help me? Have any of you gone through this? Is this gas, am I to be eating a different way? I feel as if I a suffering from a heart attack, 3 mins after I finish eating....PLEASE HELP!

Submit "Trouble Keeping Food Down Or Actually Eating?" to Digg Submit "Trouble Keeping Food Down Or Actually Eating?" to del.icio.us Submit "Trouble Keeping Food Down Or Actually Eating?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Trouble Keeping Food Down Or Actually Eating?" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Unfortunately I haven't had any problems tolerating anything, so I can't give you any advice. But I know when I was in the hospital as soon as I swallowed a little bit of water I could feel it hit my stomach and it made me nauseous. Do you take big gulps or little swallows? I wish you the best sweety you're gorgeous
    I think it may be the same thing I experience, did ur doc fix a hiatal Hernia? anyway it is the food getting stuck or our tummys are swelled and cant take in as much still, idk.... im asking my doctor tomorrws appt. your aweek ahead of me and I read some ppl take longer at the thicker liquids before moving on the soft food.
    But if it doesnt matter what you are puttn in and your not rushy your swallowing or gulpn then you should consult your Dr. :O) Hope it goes away for you
    Quote Originally Posted by Lioret K.
    Unfortunately I haven't had any problems tolerating anything, so I can't give you any advice. But I know when I was in the hospital as soon as I swallowed a little bit of water I could feel it hit my stomach and it made me nauseous. Do you take big gulps or little swallows? I wish you the best sweety you're gorgeous
    Hi Lioret. Ive had many problems within the last 5 days. ALL I "eat" comes right back up or let me be more honest, I feel sick therefore I go to the bathroom and make myself throw it up. I am so depressed because I know my body is crying out for help! I am so weak and I cry ALL the time. I am trying to take small sips but at the point I give up and I am refusing to eat. any words of advice? How long ago did you have surgery? Your baby girl is gorgeous! GOD bless you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenda Shaw Lakey
    I think it may be the same thing I experience, did ur doc fix a hiatal Hernia? anyway it is the food getting stuck or our tummys are swelled and cant take in as much still, idk.... im asking my doctor tomorrws appt. your aweek ahead of me and I read some ppl take longer at the thicker liquids before moving on the soft food.
    But if it doesnt matter what you are puttn in and your not rushy your swallowing or gulpn then you should consult your Dr. :O) Hope it goes away for you
    Brenda Hi! Thanks for your advice! He was to fix it but then after surgery told my mother and husband that it wasnt necesary and left it as is. How do you feel now? Please tell me it gets better. I cant even drink protein shakes, it makes me sick? ive tried, jello, shakes, isopure, broth, jello pudding, gerber food....Is my problem all mental now? I am going through really bad depression as well....I have the only pain in my chest as if all fluids were bottled up and clogs, I have to run to bathroom and throw up....The pain is as if I was getting a heart attack,
    Quote Originally Posted by New Me
    If your in that much pain go and see your doctor , if it is that your taking in to bigger amount then I would say that is the problem just little sips and little steps. Listen to your body and go with your gut instinct if you think something is wrong go and get it checked even if it is for your own peace of mind. I still get pain if I eat different things so i tend to always op for softer easier digestable foods. Its still early days so take it slow and easy and keep up your fluids and vitamins...
    Hi New Me!!! Thanks for your words of wisdom. Its hard to keep up with the vitamins when i cant even swallow water or gatorade...... I am thinking of going to hospital to get IV infusions. as sad as this sounds I rather go to hospital and get food through my veins than having to deal with the eating and then throwing up... PLEASE PRAY HARD FOR ME!
    Isleny, I had my surgery 3 days after u.......but you know what I just thought of something.......Stenosis of the Gastroenterostomy after Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass. lol. My doctor told me about the complications of this surgery and one was you could end up with a stenosis. It's when they make the pocket or the staple line too small, and so nothing is able to pass easily, and often u have to get rid of it. Try to do some research on this, I only looked up stenosis I did not look up symptoms or anything. And if it sounds like what you are experiencing, tell your doc that's what you think it is. Because to have so much trouble even tolerating water it would makes sense that the pocket is not right. I have had no problems and even out of curiosity had a bite of pizza, a corner of a graham cracker some other things just to see what my body would do, and nothing I was just fine. Obviously I'm sticking to the liquid diet lol, but I just wanted to test myself and see what happened lol. So that's just something to think about, I hope you start to get better. And thanks my daughter is such a cheeser lol, anytime I take a pic she has to pose or something lol.