Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

ihavestandards

Day 7.

Rate this Entry
So today I started full liquids. I was able to get down about 6 oz of Naked Juice Protien and about 8 oz of cream of tomato soup. Water intake was probably around 14 oz. Not great but I'm working on it. I have been back to work for 2 days now and the weight is coming off. My abdomen is still very large. I still cannot fit into my FAT jeans (the pants I could wear pre-surgery) and I have lost 17 lbs. Doesn't make much sense. My incisions appeared to be healing.. or so I thought. Tonight, in the shower, my largest incision where my drain was started oozing red in the shower. It is red but its thick. I hope this will subside and continue to heal. It's a tad bit scary! I have been back at work for 2 days and my energy is not 100% but I am able to make it to work and back every day. Not a bad week! Hoping for a smooth recovery these next 3 weeks.

Submit "Day 7." to Digg Submit "Day 7." to del.icio.us Submit "Day 7." to StumbleUpon Submit "Day 7." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Sounds like you are doing great. I hope the incision issue resolves itself. Every day gets better and the energy level improves! I am 4 weeks post op and I still have bouts of light headedness! But I also walked a mile this evening after it cooled off. The evenings seem to be my best time of day to get in any kind of exercise, so I am going with it. The mornings seem to be filled with getting my meds and vitamins down. It is all getting much easier. This has probably been my best week so far. I feel like I can eat a little more solid food without hurting. That means maybe a quarter cup instead of a teaspoon LOL! Things that I started eating at the 2 week mark were chicken salad, tuna salad, green beans, refried beans with a dot of cheese, and just plain chicken breast...only got down a few small bites at a time, but you gotta keep doing it to build up the amount you can tolerate. Tried very, very small bite of beef that I chewed forever, but as soon as it hit my stomach I knew that was it......not yet! I eat very slowly and as soon as I feel any kind of pain or a feeling of indigestion..I stop! Have never been sick to my stomach or thrown up and I don't plan to! I hate that feeling!! Hope this helps you through the next few weeks! Good Luck!
    Glad to hear how well you are doing! Gives me hope I can return to work with 10 days off.

I also hope the large incision heals well.
    thanks all for posting i am 4 days post surgery so love reading the advice
    I'm now 2 weeks out and and the last few days is the first that I don't look 7 months pregnant. I've resorted to nothing but dresses, pants and jeans feel like I'm being strangled by a boa constrictor. I'm sure that too will subside. My first week was horrible but I've found everything is getting easier and better with each passing day. Good luck and best wishes!
    Boa constrictor sounds about right. I'm sitting in my office with my jeans unzipped. I had to wear a longer shirt to cover my not so baby bump.