Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Peachybroo

Week 5 update: Weight loss total August 1 - 38 days post op .....61 lbs!

Rate this Entry
Week 5 update: (This is the updated post from my personal blog at www.mommyceos.blogspot.com )

This last week has been kind of rough, I'm not going to lie. I'm down 61 lbs which is absolutely awesome...it just didn't come without some pain and frustration. So the pain (or aching really) I've experienced is this: It feels as though my stomach is churning all the time. I've yet to figure out if I'm not eating often enough, enough food, too much food, too fast or whether it's a combination of all the above. This is why I say that. When I wake up first thing in the morning, my stomach just aches. It's like it's been churning against itself for hours and it really does just ache and make me feel almost sick to my stomach. So I've found that baby cereal (about 3 oz) fills my belly and calms the churning...for awhile. Then I try to go throughout the day eating or drinking every few hours. So far every combination I've tried (nothing but liquid, nothing but baby food, a mixture of liquid and baby food, some solid soft foods, etc, etc etc.), and I have yet to have a day out of the last 8 that was free of this aching in my belly at some point or another throughout the day. I've completely cut out reg milk and ice cream and am limiting all other dairy because my stomach is definitely still lactose intolerant. That is one thing I've been able to figure out. Otherwise, I'm still just learning and taking it day by day, meal by meal. I had a friend who also had this procedure done tell me that she went through a phase where she absolutely dreaded eating....I totally get that right now. It feels like I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't. Add to the struggles with my belly a sort of mourning about food. We were out of town this entire week (which makes this process of healing REALLY hard FYI) and for some reason it has just hit me that I'm kind of sad that I will never eat the same again. It made no sense what so ever for me to pay for a buffet. I couldn't go with my family to a steak house, I couldn't go with them to a Johnny Rockets or a In N Out Burger, etc, etc. I know that I will one day be able to eat small portions of some of those types of foods but I really was experiencing a sense of mourning to losing those foods and/or eating and social situations. That may sound crazy...I hope not...lol. I've also been craving salad like no other and that is another two months away...so that is difficult. Another issue is that I know I'm not getting enough water in but that makes my belly ache too so I hesitate to drink as much as I know I need to...ugh. I've tried water alone, adding crystal light, really cold, warm, etc. It doesn't matter. Sigh... But alas, I know this all too shall pass, and I apologize for the negative post. I just thought it was important for everyone to know it's not all sunshine and rainbows. BUT even with this week being the most difficult I've experienced so far, I still have ZERO regrets. I'm still losing weight, my body is still shedding the weight that was trying to kill me and I'm still extending my time on this earth with my family. With that said, I'm going to go research stuff on GastricSleeve.com to see if I can find others who've experienced the same issues and can provide some comfort. <3

Hope you all have an awesome week!

**Week 5 Update** So last night I was doing a bunch of research online and talking to others who have been sleeved about the stomach issues I've had this week. Everyone had the same answer saying that there is too much acid in my stomach and to increase my acid reducer. So I'm going to go to the pharmacist this morning and get their recommendations on what to take through the weekend until I can get into the Dr on Monday or Tuesday for something that is prescription strength. I've been taking prilosec and then last night I also took another acid reducer and it seemed to help. (It was a no name brand and not very strong but helped.) So I'm hopeful that I can get some relief from this sour stomach and be able to eat/drink like I need to. I haven't been able to get in enough protein or water the last few days and I've been worried about that. Now I feel like I'm back on track and have a plan.

Submit "Week 5 update:  Weight loss total August 1 - 38 days post op .....61 lbs!" to Digg Submit "Week 5 update:  Weight loss total August 1 - 38 days post op .....61 lbs!" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 5 update:  Weight loss total August 1 - 38 days post op .....61 lbs!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 5 update:  Weight loss total August 1 - 38 days post op .....61 lbs!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Hi Peachy, I'm glad you have a plan. I sure hope it helps. I also have mourned food, but I have to remember eventually I can eat anything I want. In fact, I took the kids out for burgers last night ( not In n Out, but similar.) I ate half a small cheeseburger, no bun. Was it the healthiest choice...no. But I'm not dieting and want to steer clear of the mentality of depriving myself, that surely leads to weight gain. And when I'm making healthy decisions the rest of the week, I know this one won't kill me.

I also get the churning and achy feeling, although not as bad as you. A Tums usually helps. When it doesn't, I'll have a very small amount of natural PB....it seems to coat and soothe my tummy.

Good luck!!!
    2 months til salad??
    I'm 4 weeks out and have already salad. Wonder why we were told something so different??
    Peachy, I also miss/mourn the loss of being able to eat a variety of foods, but its temporary. We just have to keep going up the hill until we get over the hump. Congrats on your incredible weight loss!!!!! Mine is not coming off nearly that fast. I know I'm not consuming enough calories, protein or water. I feel unhappy about this. I just have to try harder. Even if I shouldn't have done it, I can't put the genie back in the bottle. I have to go forward. I hope you get the acid thing under control. Wishing you continued rapid weight loss.
    Peachy,

Have you tried Mio drops in your water?

They rock, IMHO. I love the Mango Peach.
    Congrats. I too have acid issues. Sometimes it feels like hunger and sometimes just raw. All in the learning curve of...."THE SLEEVE"....Lol. keep moving forward.
    Thanks for sharing your experiences! I am having surgery in 16 days and I am so appreciative to read through other people's stories to know what I may possibly encounter.. Keep up the good work!
    Thanks everyone. Terps, thanks for sharing the info about PB. I'll try that as well. JRay143, yeah I've noticed that different surgeons give different guidelines. The only thing I can think of is that I had my surgery done down in Mexico and I think my surgeon is erroring on the side of safety in his instructions. I read somewhere that one of the major causes of people developing leaks later on in their sleeve is eating foods that are hard to digest before their stomach is fully healed and that it takes a full 8 weeks. My doctor has me waiting 4 months for raw vegetables and red meat (steak). Ann2, I have tried MIO....I just keep switching things up so I still enjoy what I'm trying to drink. What I've found the last week is that my sour stomach made everything taste bad so I'll switch things up and then try them again in a few weeks.

Thanks everyone for the supportive comments. I'm already feeling better after a full day of keeping up with the acid. You don't realize just how much it effects your day when your guts hurt or you are sick to your stomach non-stop. Phew...glad for relief. <3