Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

alyson1975

3 week update : not everybodys the same

Rate this Entry
Hey peeps,
Thought i would update every1 i am just over 3 weeks post op now and i'm doing great back to normal. My doc put me on 4 weeks liquids then 4 weeks puree then normal foods after that but honestly i couldnt manage it and did feel a bit of a failure but i listened to my body instead and what it was telling me was i needed more so i started by introducing a wheetabix for breakfast with my morning coffee i also have 2 200ml protein shakes and plenty of water throughout the day and the tinyest portion of maybe a chicken salad or scrambled eggs ive even been able to eat half a tuna sandwich ive had no issues with vomiting but i do get that uncomfortable feeling when im starting to get full so now i do listen to my body and stop where as b4 the sleeve i would of finnished evrything on the plate even if i was full i do get those voice telling me you should of listened to your doctors advice he knws what hes doing but honestly from reading everybodys posts on here i think it depends who your doctor is and what type of post op diet they give you they are all different but i know my body and im not stupid i knew it needed more and it do seem to be working lol i even went back to the gym yesterday only a bit of cardio n arm excercises only lost 4lb since surgery but the swelling and bloatedness has only just started to go down but can feel the inches not going too mad tho listening to my body and getting stronger by the day x

Submit "3 week update : not everybodys the same" to Digg Submit "3 week update : not everybodys the same" to del.icio.us Submit "3 week update : not everybodys the same" to StumbleUpon Submit "3 week update : not everybodys the same" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I couldnt tolerate the pureed stage and went to really tiny bites of food a couple of weeks out. Be careful with exercise until the dr tells you it is okay...usually just walking until six weeks out.
    I'm about 9 weeks out and I have had only a tiny bit of bread. That comes later on according to my doctor. I have been sticking to exactly what my nutritionist says to do and I am losing pretty well. The first couple of weeks I lost 20 lbs. Good luck.
    Thanx 4 ur advice
    Im not going mad jst would rather the cross trainer than the treadmill
    And i am definately listening 2 my sleeve im sure it will let me knw if im not x