Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Mema

My journey to a better me and better health

Rate this Entry
My journey began on jan. 7,2014.. I was at that time 251. My highest weight was 276. I had diabetes and a liver problem that could get serious fast. So I went on with surgery to see if I could help myself at age 56. I had the gastric sleeve and the beginning was hard. I had a hard time drinking enough fluids at first. Also had a hard time eating small amounts. But as I persevered the weight began to drop off of me. On the 3 month I went to my MD and she checked my glucose level and my liver enzymes. To my surprise my liver Enzymes were normal!!!! I was ecstatic. Then she told me that my glucose was perfectly maintained.!!!! After surgery I went home from the hospital with only 1/2 of metformin. They removed me off of 2 other meds for diabetes before I left the hospital. Well right there at 3 months post I saw a huge success. Now I am almost 8 months out and I have lost 92 lbs. And 66.25 inches. I'm not at my goal I'm 34 lbs away, but I am more than happy with my sleeve. I'm at a stubborn plateau right now.. But I'm standing firm on the fact that I am going to reach the goal... Already I have lost 6 sizes in my clothing. I'm happy and I feel great.. Onward to this body of mine move on!!!

Submit "My journey to a better me and better health" to Digg Submit "My journey to a better me and better health" to del.icio.us Submit "My journey to a better me and better health" to StumbleUpon Submit "My journey to a better me and better health" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I'm a little jealous my surgery was the day before yours and I'm only down 50 lbs. You've done GREAT and should be very proud of all your success and hard work. Keep it up you're and inspiration to the rest of us!
    wow what a great inspiration! good job keep it up!
    My surgery was 8 jan. 2014 and down 59 lbs. hope all is well
    Awesome results! I am a January sleever also. Keep it up, that plateau will break. Been there done that SEVERAL times over.
    Congratulations on the healthier you!
    I saw your before and after.. You look great!! Keep up the good work