Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

alyson1975

Post op diets

Rate this Entry
Hi peeps
Well its been just over a week since my surgery and all's going well
I'd just like to knw what everybodys post op diets consisted of (liquid and soft) and how long you were on them 4? I am really getting sick of the liquids (3 weeks still 2 go) and cant wait till i start the soft food stage.
I did have half a weetabix this morning with loads of milk and a few mouthfulls of tuna mayo whn i was making my sons dinner.
All your experiance and advice would be so helpful
thanx aly x

Submit "Post op diets" to Digg Submit "Post op diets" to del.icio.us Submit "Post op diets" to StumbleUpon Submit "Post op diets" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I'm so tired of the liquid stage as well, but it's important to stick to it. You can mess up your staple line in your tummy if you start adding things too soon.
    I have 2 more days til soft food, and I've never been so ready to chew something in my life lol

To help you in your liquid phase- I've been doing lots of protein shakes (obviously lol) but it's good to try and mix up different kinds so you don't get bored...esp since you have 3 weeks left.
    I love the EAS CarbAdvantage drinks from WalMart or Target. They have choc, dark choc, strawberry, vanilla, and even a caramel coffee flavor. I tried the pure protein drinks yesterday- they are pretty good also.
    Greek yogurt is a must for me everyday...I love the Dannon light & fit ones- all diff flavor but strawberry cheesecake is my fav

I've even been to smoothie king a few items and had the Gladiator- choc peanut butter one.
    All of that was on my doctor's approved list.

Soups are good, but just don't have a lot of protein content- but I add milk to mine so that helps some.

Good luck to you!
    I feel your pain. 8 days since surgery n I'm so ready for some food. I like the idea of doing soup diluted with milk. I been diluted mine with water. I'm trying to stick with the liquids though. We have gone through too much to mess up now. Hang n there. However, my doctor advised two weeks of liquids after surgery. I'm looking forward to my doctor appt next week to go to soft food. Hope I'm not disappointed.
    Thanx your right i need 2 remind myself i aint come all this way 2 mess everything up now
    my doc said 4 weeks of jst liquid
    Tea coffee squash strained soup just the juice no bits 1 pint of milk and 2 protein drinks a day
    But i so much want smthing a bit thicker x
    Thanx your right i need 2 remind myself i aint come all this way 2 mess everything up now
    my doc said 4 weeks of jst liquid
    Tea coffee squash strained soup just the juice no bits 1 pint of milk and 2 protein drinks a day
    But i so much want smthing a bit thicker x
    I was on liquids for 5 weeks so I understand. I did get creative with my shakes. Added pb2 or 1/2 frozen banana, a Lucile sugar free pudding mix, ice cubes and sugar free flavour syrups. Greek yogurt added some extra thickness and protein.