Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

BethJane

1.5 years post op

Rate this Entry
Hi, just a couple of items. I have gained about 10 lbs. but I have discovered although I can't eat a large meal, I can eat many mini meals throughout the day. When I am working this is not a problem because I am busy working, but on my days off it is a problem. Also, I think my stomach is slowly stretching bigger, but not a lot. I had constipation for a long time after surgery and had to take stool softener tab daily, but not since I had my gall bladder out. The two best things I have done is gastric sleeve and then gall bladder out, because I don't digest fat as well, I am not constipated anymore and I feel great. I don't have diarrhea at all like most gall bladder patients seem to say they get. I feel really really great, and I can get a lot of physical chores done all the time that I used to avoid prior to my sleeve surgery.

Submit "1.5 years post op" to Digg Submit "1.5 years post op" to del.icio.us Submit "1.5 years post op" to StumbleUpon Submit "1.5 years post op" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Way to go! The surgical and support group I have here say that it is very normal to gain back 5 to 10 lbs. and that your stomach does "relax" a bit after awhile so to me it sounds as if you are experiencing normal things. If you are worried just go back to eating your protein first and getting all your water/liquid in for the day. I am only 4 months out so I have as yet been able to figure out how to get anything else in except my protein and maybe a bit or two of a green vegetable. Your story is encouraging to me. It's nice to hear that you are doing well and are glad you had the surgery. Take care