Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

p.charles

On The Road To Change

Rate this Entry
I'm excited guys that I have taken this step to better myself. For a long time I put the needs of everyone else before my own and neglected my health because of it. I had to grapple with coming to an understanding that it doesn't make me a bad person to put myself first and that sometimes it's often necessary to do so for the sake of mental, physical, and emotional well-being. I am looking forward to this journey and all that it has in store, sharing my experiences, as well as gaining a few new friends along the way Please feel free to introduce yourself and add me if you like.

Submit "On The Road To Change" to Digg Submit "On The Road To Change" to del.icio.us Submit "On The Road To Change" to StumbleUpon Submit "On The Road To Change" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Welcome to the site... I'm glad you are thinking of yourself. Its time we as women put ouselves first. Especially when it comes to our health.. Best wishes
    PHP Code:
    [HTML][/HTML
    Quote Originally Posted by rescue
    Welcome to the site... I'm glad you are thinking of yourself. Its time we as women put ouselves first. Especially when it comes to our health.. Best wishes
    Thanks! I could not agree more!
    You go..you beautiful woman, you!
    Haha, I wish someone would try and stop me
    We women always put our families first ahead of ourselves, but somewhere along the line we have to think of ourselves. I don't see it as being selfish, I see it as selfless cause if we are not in our best health, how are we suppose to take the best care of our families? If we don't take care of ourselves, who will? No one that's who. I have always taken care of everyone else, now it's time to take care of myself. At first I felt a little guilty but now I know it is my time. My kids are grown and having kids and I want to be the best grandma I can be and I want to be there for them for a long time. I could not do that in the shape that I once was. Keep up the great job and don't ever feel guilty for putting your health first, you deserve it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbp
    We women always put our families first ahead of ourselves, but somewhere along the line we have to think of ourselves. I don't see it as being selfish, I see it as selfless cause if we are not in our best health, how are we suppose to take the best care of our families? If we don't take care of ourselves, who will? No one that's who. I have always taken care of everyone else, now it's time to take care of myself. At first I felt a little guilty but now I know it is my time. My kids are grown and having kids and I want to be the best grandma I can be and I want to be there for them for a long time. I could not do that in the shape that I once was. Keep up the great job and don't ever feel guilty for putting your health first, you deserve it.
    Thanks. I get that now. It took a while for me go grasp, but finally, I GET IT. I'm doing this for me, but the overall benefit spills over into the lives of my family members and loved ones who want to see me live a long, happy, productive life.
    Couldn't agree with this post more! Welcome!