Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

CookieHead

I ate so much sugar today

Rate this Entry
I don't even like sweet stuff anymore so not sure why I kept eating it.
Bad bad bad

Tomorrow I'll be more careful.
Also revisiting my fridge/ freezer to throw out sugary stuff.

Submit "I ate so much sugar today" to Digg Submit "I ate so much sugar today" to del.icio.us Submit "I ate so much sugar today" to StumbleUpon Submit "I ate so much sugar today" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Good luck! I know the feeling lately only mine is hidden carbs. I'm eating okay and small amounts, but all the hidden carbs in soy creamer and cheese is slowly adding up. I'm thinking of doing the 5 day pouch test in the next few days to beat the carb craving. Just get rid of the temptation. I know that's definitely my problem.
    I did it! I melted the ice cream in the sink, etc etc.
    Whew.
    You seem to be losing your focus on what it takes to be successful with your sleeve. Why would you even have sugar in your house if you know you can't stop eating it? I can't even stand more than 9 grams of sugar without getting sick. That is a good thing because it is my main trigger.

Remember that are in control.
    I have been there too.
    One day I was craving sweet things, and since I had purged my house of anything that might be tempting, I was determined to "find" something. It dawned on me that my sister had made homemade plum jam, and we had a small jar of it in the fridge. I still don't know why, but I took a spoonful and ate it. My craving went away and the jam was way too sweet.
    Yes, I am not a sweets person.
    Especially now.
    I don't know where that came from.
    I guess prob just frustrated and bored.
    Reading this and your other blog post, I think you need to find a doctor and / or nutritionist that will help you out. If you are three months out, you should be able to eat a variety of meats, veggies and fruits. You are not working on the eating habits which we have to change in order for this surgery to work. The surgery only works on our stomach, we have to fix our heads. It sounds like you need some professional support behind you. Not sure why you don't have a doctor or nutritionist to talk to but you need to find one. Wallowing in your regret isn't going to magically start working. You can't change the fact that you had surgery (even if you weren't really ready for it) so you need to start using this surgery to work for you.
    Cookiehead...please know before I comment that I am not by any means judging you. We all have our struggles and the mental aspect of this surgery is by far the toughest struggle of all.

It just seems to me that maybe your decision to have the surgery was in the hopes that it would get you back into your size 4 pretty quickly with little to no effort on your part. The harsh reality is that this surgery requires a lifetime committment to your health. It means making smarter, healthier choices. It means exercising. It means that you have to get your head right or this will never work.

Many have suggested seeing a dr to discuss what you're feeling/going through. I would highly recommend the same. From what I've read, you told no one that you had the surgery. Ok fine, but I happen to know there are support groups out there for those that have had the surgery. If you don't want to go talk to a dr, maybe just go sit in a support group. I think you'll find that you're not alone.

These boards can be a wealth of information and a valuable asset when it comes to support, but it can also be harsh. People are opinionated and some are very outspoken and will just tell it like it is, but I think the majority here are truly genuine people that just want to see you be the best you you can be and they want you to be successful.

I am still new to this and maybe I'm just in a better place mentally, but I can honestly say that the last thing on my mind is to trade sipping anything for eating sugar. I read your blogs. There are a lot of things you CAN eat. I would stick with those and continue to re-introduce the other things slowly. It doesn't mean that you will never eat "the good stuff" ever again, it just means your body isn't read for it right now.

Everyone's journey in this is different, but I sincerely hope that you can find someone to talk to. Sometimes it's difficult to ask for help, but from what I have read, it seems you're SCREAMING for it! Good luck, Cookiehead.
    Agree with Little Verbena. I took time to read your posts and I too think you need more help than this forum can give you. Please seek out the help you need.