Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

lmdee73

More soft food "stuff"

Rate this Entry
So...it's been one day since I started incorporating soft foods back into my day. Started out with 1/2 a poached egg yesterday morning, approx 1 1/2 spoonfuls of cottage cheese yesterday afternoon and actually had several small bites of tilapia and squash last night...probably my favorite of all the things I tried yesterday.

This morning I tried a hard boiled egg....again only 1/2 of it got eaten. I may try one scrambled in a few days and see if that makes a difference. Right now, the poached and hard boiled versions just seem too dry and it gets caught in my throat...even after chewing it to mush. I had several small bites of tuna fish salad today for lunch and that seemed to go down much better than the egg. Only other solution to the egg issue is adding a little fat free mayo or something. We'll see.

Submit "More soft food "stuff"" to Digg Submit "More soft food "stuff"" to del.icio.us Submit "More soft food "stuff"" to StumbleUpon Submit "More soft food "stuff"" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

How far out are you from your surgery?
    When my soft food stage came all I wanted was scrambled eggs! I laugh b/c I could barely finish one scrambled egg, but it tasted so good! Take it slow... it's amazing how fast you fill up! While on liquids, I was surprised how much I could get down but once the real food hit, I could not believe how little it took to get me stuffed. I'm 10 weeks out and different foods fill me up in different ways- it's all a learning process. You're doing great!
    You sound like you are doing well. Trying different foods and learning from that is what you have to do. Congratulations on making it to the soft stage. Eggs still taste amazing to me, better than ever before.
    Quote Originally Posted by rara
    How far out are you from your surgery?
    2 weeks out tomorrow.
    If you like deviled eggs you could always mash up the white part a little more.....during my pureed stage I made deviled eggs and pureed it all up. It was so good lol
    Think of food that is moist. Tuna fish did not work well for me. Eggs - especially over medium or scrambled soft are really good. Try making an egg salad with the boiled eggs. You can use yogurt or a little mayo like I did. I'm staying away from refried beans - too many carbs. At two weeks out your sleeve is rather small. At 3 weeks out I am able to eat about 3 ounces in volume. Having to learn to think volume - not weight. Using my dry measuring cup to simulate my stomach size. Be sure to eat very slow and don't drink during - 30 minutes before - or 30 minutes after meals. Keep up the protein shakes too. You really need the protein - and water of course.

Best of Luck - Bonnie
    i used low fat mayo with my hardboiled egg...some days it was ok some days not. I did got to scrambled added a little milk and low fat cheese and made sure I didnt cook it to dry! at first i could only eat half but I can eat a whole egg now 4 wks out. Tuna with mayo has been ok blended good...couldnt handle the canned chicken. I eat a lot of cottage cheese it goes down really well for me. Last night grilled some salmon....it was wonderful! Im not a fish person but I have had it 2x now and its much easier than chicken and has tasted great! my husband is so excited because he loves fish so this week we wil try some mahi mahi! the mushy stage is hard I think...I just found a few things that go down good and taste good!
    I started at 4 weeks out. 1st thing I ate was eggs. Scrambled (2) with low fat shredded cheese and a spoonful of mild salsa...couldn't eat it all...but what I could was awesome. Chicken cooked with tomatoes in the crock pot was good. Make sure it's super moist though. More protein than the 6 grams per egg.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deejaycee76
    I started at 4 weeks out. 1st thing I ate was eggs. Scrambled (2) with low fat shredded cheese and a spoonful of mild salsa...couldn't eat it all...but what I could was awesome. Chicken cooked with tomatoes in the crock pot was good. Make sure it's super moist though. More protein than the 6 grams per egg.

Do you mean that you did not start the soft food stage until 4 weeks?