Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

dietingdonna

Today I cried-Mental issues

Rate this Entry
My surgery was 4-24-14 and I did a pre op "diet" for a month with just liquids the last 10 days before surgery.
I sold my house so I could pay for this surgery.
I traveled to Tijuana because thats all I could afford.
I have been a diet failure all my life. I was up and down in weight and the last two years I exploded. I hit 250...I tried every diet known to man and failed. I tried every pill and shot to lose and I failed. I worked out to lose and I failed.
My mind told me to plan for the worst with my sleeve and so I expected to lose 30-45 pounds and stop...I knew I would fail because I have such a great track record at failure.
In two days it will be 8 weeks since surgery and 12 weeks including pre op. I started my journey at 250 and this morning I am 184...I sat in the floor and cried...I am not a failure I AM A LOSER!
My Tiny Tummy is a tempermental grouch at times but we are learning to get along.
I look in the mirror and I honestly see no change. Everyone else does and some say I look sickly now (they have never seen normal me) I see that my clothes are much smaller but in the mirror its still fat cow me.
I guess I am just in shock. I heard how well it worked for everyone else (just like all the commercials for every diet said) and I expected the usual result.

I can say I am surprised and so very happy, I love my sleeve It proves there is hope if you follow orders and have a little faith.

54 pounds to my goal weight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Submit "Today I cried-Mental issues" to Digg Submit "Today I cried-Mental issues" to del.icio.us Submit "Today I cried-Mental issues" to StumbleUpon Submit "Today I cried-Mental issues" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Looks like your doing great and look very pretty, give yourself some credit, you can do this.
    So happy for your success!!
    If you have access to a support group. Get involved. It can only help! My hospital has a support group that is open to any one with any kind of bariatric surgery-they do not care if you had it there or not. They have weekly meetings on different subjects. I am not sure where you live. Here in AZ the banner hospitals have this support group at the bariatric hospital. So check out your area for something like this.
    I am only one week since my surgery but this is my fear. I have failed so may times and I am afraid this will be another failure. I had my first post op dr appointment today. I am down 20 total and feel like this is a low number. He told me no because of the fluids in my body from surgery last week. But I still have that fear that I will fail once again and pay for this loan for something that didn't work.

Yea for you!!
    It is awesome to be a LOSER at the weight game. It is the first time in my life that I have been proud to say I am a LOSER. Like you I have tried every fad that has come down the pipe and have failed. I am down 105lbs from my heaviest weight but I am still a long way from "NORMAL" BMI. I really dont feel I will ever hit 'normal' but being just "overweight" instead of "obese" will be wonderful. Keep the faith and you will make your goals.
    I think you are doing amazingly well!!!!! I too failed at *diets*... No longer on a *diet* I am losing slowly and I am just fine with that!!! Down 41 lbs since the first of the year and 30 lbs since 19 lbs since surgery (4-28).... Slow and steady wins the race! hahaha but this isnt a race.. its for the rest of my life and I too love my sleeve!!!!
    Hey LOSER keep up the good work. Start listening to personel development books Audible.com or Local library and start getting rid of those negative thoughts. Bravo on your dedication to your journey, to sell your home your awesome.
    Congrats to you! You are not a failure, you're a loser--I love it! I know exactly how you feel, I was apprehensive that the sleeve would work for me as well, but 57 pounds later, I'm a believer! Keep up the good work!
    I can relate to your story hon. I have lost over 130 pounds but sometimes I feel like im the fattest person in the room. People tell me how good I look but sometimes I still see the fat me. I guess it takes our brain time to catch up. But be proud of your success and the wonderful new you.
    Dietingdonna, your weight loss success is so, so impressive. But your commitment to becoming healthier and happier is even MORE impressive. That you sold your house to do this surgery just knocks my socks off. Lady, you are a winner in my book

Wow!
    You are WONDERFUL!!! Time for you to truly believe that and experience the difference that feeling can make! Congratulations on your success!!!