Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

okieatheart

Sore Tailbone

Rate this Entry
I have a desk job and my tailbone gets really sore from sitting now. It hurts when I am in the car for over 30 minutes and riding a bike too. I'm thinking it is because I don't have as much padding anymore. Does this happen to most everyone?

Submit "Sore Tailbone" to Digg Submit "Sore Tailbone" to del.icio.us Submit "Sore Tailbone" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sore Tailbone" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Yes and yes, it's killing me all the time. I don't know what kind of bike seat you have, but if you get a small race one, they are actually more comfortable, because they don't push on the bone.

Biking is great though to build up those butt muscles to get more padding. I have noticed an improvement since I have been riding, but there is just much less padding there now.
    Oh my gosh yes! I told my friend the other day that I now know why skinny people don't sit for long periods of time. I have to sit on a small cushy pillow for long car rides.
    YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! It is the only "side effect" I've had from the surgery!!
    Have ya'll had to change the mirrors cause your bum has gotten smaller and your not sitting quite so HIGH anymore?
    I was thinking it was just me...lol Went to NASCAR and Indy car races last weekend and I was miserable sitting on those seats!!
    Yep, happens to me now but a great nsv:-)
    I have the same problem. If I sit for any length of time my tailbone hurts. No padding anymore!
    I have lost padding 'there' as well. I picked a pad for my office chair and that seems to help some. That said, as I am fully committed to this lifestyle change, I am replacing the desk and chair in my den with a treadmill desk. I have looked into trying to get a standing desk where I work.
    yes it seems the padding was right over the bones in the butt, haha. I noticed that a while back and I am at 80 pounds lost so far. Guess we have to make some kind of adjustments, nobody told us about this part, lol.
    Yes, I've lost all my padding back there. LOL! I recently did a Bootcamp class at the Gym and the next day my tailbone hurt so bad I had to call out of work. I have to use two yoga mats when ever I do floor exercise. And I sit on a pillow now at work.
    I have the same problem. Also, when I lay in bed I cant lay my legs touching because my knee and ankle bones rub together(I definitely never had that issue before!) lol
    I Just had my tailbone removed as it was broken,(I know the pain of sitting/ riding ) One thing that may help you ladies & gents who have a desk job is to raise your desk and chair a few inches, That saved me for a long time before surgery!
    Good Luck!
    I have become one with my yoga ball.
    Especially if I am sitting at the desk for any long periods of time.
    And I can do some core exercises at the same time. It helps with the soreness immensely.