Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Netekay

Observations at four weeks post-op

Rate this Entry
I am one day short of my one month sleeveaversary and I am feeling great. Some observations:

1. Stalls are awful. I have to learn to embrace the suck and be patient, which isn't one of my strong suits. So, instead of relying on the scale, I am taking my measurements (now that my tape measure will go around me ) and going by how my clothes feel. I was able to go a size down in pants and two sizes in shirts over the weekend!

2. I am amazed daily at how little it takes to make me full. I've been able to add new foods this week (peanut butter, cheese, coffee, tea, fruits, veggies) without issue. I can't tell you how GREAT that first cup of coffee tasted yesterday!!!

3. I have to remember that this is a cross-country race and not a sprint. There will be forks in the road and detours and I need to learn to just go with the flow.

4. I have now been cleared to get back in the water so water aerobics here I come. I just hope my swimming suit still fits!!

As of this morning, I am down 50.2 pounds from my highest weight with 23 of those since surgery. I know once I get back into the pool, I'll break this little stall.

Onward and downward!!

Submit "Observations at four weeks post-op" to Digg Submit "Observations at four weeks post-op" to del.icio.us Submit "Observations at four weeks post-op" to StumbleUpon Submit "Observations at four weeks post-op" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Sounds like you have found a good plan. Stick to it and you will hae continued success.

Good Luck - Bonnie
    I love your attitude! I really wish you the best as you move onward. Love your use of the term "the suck".....reminder of my Marine Corps days....LOL

You got this! Keep on doin' your thing!
    Great job! I'm currently looking at gym membership and really need to find one with a pool! Some of my best workouts have been in the pool. I think it's important to make "notes" on where you are mentally and physcially while on this road. I look forward to looking back on my own notes and seeing how far I've come.

Keep up the the good work!
    Sounds like you're doing great and in a healthy place! Good for you!
    Awesome! Keep up the good work:-)
    I hope I'm as wise as you in a few weeks. I need to find an affordable pool workout that is not during work hours. Love the water.