Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

blanzillo87

Just started my pureed diet...Damn why did I over do it?!

Rate this Entry
I was so excited about eating pureed foods today! I took a small can of chicken noodle soup and pureed it in my Ninja. I ate 1/4 cup of it about a hr in a half ago....then just finished eating the rest of the can. this is the only food i've had all day. i've had plenty of fluids but that was the first pureed meal and I feel so guilty! I keep burping up noodles and want to throw up but I know it will hurt! Is it really awful that I ate an entire can within a two hr period? I've never felt this much guilt before over eating soup

Submit "Just started my pureed diet...Damn why did I over do it?!" to Digg Submit "Just started my pureed diet...Damn why did I over do it?!" to del.icio.us Submit "Just started my pureed diet...Damn why did I over do it?!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Just started my pureed diet...Damn why did I over do it?!" to Google

Comments

Stop with the guilt. If you feel that sick, you ate too much. That's what our little sleeve is suppose to do - let us know. Next time, slow down and listen! I was told to really get used to eating 3 meals. I try to stick to that. If I feel hungry too soon, I have a big glass of water, then wait fifteen minutes and see how it feels. If I'm still feeling hungry, then I try and make a good choice. I HATE the "crap, I ate too much" feeling. It's a great negative reinforcement. This is a learning process, don't beat yourself up, this is not a race, it's a journey.
    Ive been there before...vomiting isnt so bad but not fun, it makes you instantly feel better. Laying down on your left side helps with nausea. In the beginning its hard to judge what will sit well and what wont. Just eat slowly...practice makes perfect:-)
    thanks ladies!!!!
    I am 5 weeks post-op. When I think I can eat one more bite, I just put my spoon down and stop. I have been nauseated for over a week and could not keep anything down. Yuck! I know I was eating too fast, but I was so hungry. This is the first time I have been hungry since surgery. Dr. Said go back to liquids for 2 days and then start eating again. I had an egg today and cup of soup. I need more protein but gosh I despise being nauseated. It scares me to eat. There will be a better day tomorrow......
    Don't beat yourself up. Everyone gets excited when they get their first taste of food again. Try egg drop soup. It always stayed down for me without blending it.
    Measure first then heat and eat that...if you only have 3 oz to eat then ya cant over eat right! Well thats what I do and when its gone its gone...then I go oh yeah I am full already woo hoo
    I was told I couldn't have any noodles or pasta till i reach goal weight but I to have a very hard time with my pureed food but mine is not the nausea its horrible pain in my back!
    Hope yours gets better.
    if ur sleeve hates it it will make u throw up just eat slow... a can of soup is fine, your body probably starving just eat slow and stay hydrated
    I'd stay away from noodles for a few months ... the wheat is hard to digest at first.