Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

SuddenlySlimmerSusan

6 Month Surgiversary

Rate this Entry
So I hesitate to post this, lest I jinx it, but I have hit a really sweet spot in my weight loss journey. I am down 117 lbs from my highest weight and 93 lbs since my surgery. I am currently averaging about 3-4 lbs loss per week. I have another 100 to go, but I feel great and I finally see the opportunity of being a fit person as truly possible.

About 60 days ago, I started tracking everything I eat in My Fitness Pal. I set a goal for myself of no more than 900 calories per day, at least 75g protein, and no more than 90g carbs. At first there were a lot of days when I went over by 25 calories here or 50 calories there. But I started to pay attention to my triggers. For instance, I eat when I watch TV alone, but I don't eat when I read. So I read more now. There are a lot of evenings now as I am drinking my final protein shake when I check and see that I am still 200 or more calories under my limit. Some nights I have a snack and some nights I realize I don't actually want one.

In the past few weeks I have gone on several bike rides with my son. Being able to be active with my very active kid was one of my main motivators. I can ride farther than he can now, and the wind in my face and the sun on my arms feels amazing. This continues to be an incredible journey and I am enjoying the ride.

Submit "6 Month Surgiversary" to Digg Submit "6 Month Surgiversary" to del.icio.us Submit "6 Month Surgiversary" to StumbleUpon Submit "6 Month Surgiversary" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Congratulations and keep up the great work! Can't wait for that feeling.
    Susan, congratulations!!!
    (clapping)!!! Go head on Girlie!!! Happy for your progress
    congrats!!!