Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

songbirdofny

Tomorrow!

Rate this Entry
So I'm sitting in my office, getting ready to leave at 12:30. I decided to take a half day to get everything ready for tomorrow, my surgery day.

What's really crazy is that I am normally a very anxious person and right now I'm just calm as can be. Tomorrow will probably be different, but right now it's like any other Tuesday at the office.

I'm will say I'm treating myself to a massage after work to help keep the stress level low and then home to pack. I am still waiting to hear from my doctors office with my time for tomorrow and all of my instructions. That's the only thing I'm still a little worried about and I hate not knowing information. Dealing with NYC public transportation on a daily basis is stressful enough, but throw in a life changing operation and the subway is enough to make a grown woman cry.

My best friend is taking me to the hospital and my parents are meeting us there. I know I could never do this without them and I think that is one of the reasons I am so calm right now. They have kept me calm, telling me everyday how brave I am, how strong I am and how proud they are of me. It makes a person feel strong when your support system is just so empowering. I know I can do this and I know it's not going to be easy, but right now I feel like I have already won.

Wish me luck, because tomorrow is the start of a brand new journey.

Submit "Tomorrow!" to Digg Submit "Tomorrow!" to del.icio.us Submit "Tomorrow!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Tomorrow!" to Google

Comments

Best of Wishes, the massage sounds like a great idea!!! I'll keep that in mind to do before my sleeve.
    Blessings for you tomorrow
    You'll do great!! I had my sleeve surgery in Feb and I've lost about 50 lbs so far.. The best decision I ever made for myself.. Now the first 2 weeks will be tuff, but you hang in there and your journey will be well worth it.. Fallow your Dr's orders and you'll be fine!!! Keep positive!!
    I was the same way.. Calm as can be! (I normally FREAK!) I believe I conceded to the notion that this was happening, and win, lose or, lose a ton... I was doing what had to be done.

Best wishes!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mydreamcometrue
    Best of Wishes, the massage sounds like a great idea!!! I'll keep that in mind to do before my sleeve.
    Blessings for you tomorrow
    I'll second that...
    Why didn't I think of the massage? Dang! I'll talk to you when we are back home. Best of luck to you.
    yes great idea on the massage! prayers for a sucesfull surgery and speedy recovery! Im 2 wks behind you so post as soon as you can on how its going!
    Good idea about the massage, best wishes
    Good luck to you!
    Prayers for a good surgery & recovery!!!