Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

kaygee

9+ months and lifeis great!

Rate this Entry
So, I missed my 9 month update. Honestly, I was busy. Here's my update in a nutshell.

Well, it's finally Spring here in New England. It was a cold, cold, snowy winter here and I really felt the cold all winter. I hid all winter in flannel and big puffy coats and layers. I was miserably cold and tired all winter.

Spring has caused me to shed layers and people have finally started to notice my weightloss. I have decided not to tell people about my surgery so I've just simply stated that I've been seeing a nutritionist and I've had a lifestyle change. That's all. No one is entitled to any additional info. It's none of their business.

As for clothing, I finally went through all my drawers and closets and I've gotten rid of a lot of clothes. I made a conscious decision to get rid of anything that didn't fit. I used to hold onto clothing that I outgrew figuring one day I would lose weight and wear them again. Well, I don't plan on gaining weight. So, I'm getting rid of lqrger clothing. This has left me with half-full drawers. And I'm happy about that.

This leads me to my happy clothing news. I had to go out and buy some new clothing for a class I took last week. The dress code was business casual and I had no khakis. So I shopped around and found some on sale at Old Navy. They're called boyfriend fit and they're skinny leg khakis. I bought a pair of size 12 and hoped they'd fit snugly. To my surprise, they were loose. So I brought them back and exchanged them for a 10 and they fit great so I bought 2 pairs! And I got tons of compliments. This week I'm headed back to pick up a pair of jeans in the same style. Skinny jeans were on my list of what I want out of this surgery. So, score a big win for me!!!!

Now, why was I taking a class? Because I got a new job!!!! Yippee!! Thst's why I haven't been on. Just part time but I'm excited. It's customer service oriented but I'm sure I got the job because I exuded more confidence than I have in a long time. I am still in training and I have another class next week but I'm excited about my new beginnings.

All in all life is great. I have no regrets. I'm plugging away. I'm eating whatever I want and still losing. Slowly but the scale is moving in the right direction.

I wish everyone the best! Follow your heart when deciding on the aurgery. Only you know if it's the right decision. It was for me.

Submit "9+ months and lifeis great!" to Digg Submit "9+ months and lifeis great!" to del.icio.us Submit "9+ months and lifeis great!" to StumbleUpon Submit "9+ months and lifeis great!" to Google

Comments

Great news. I am just 4 weeks out. The scale has not moved this week but I know it us a matter of time. I am doing all the right things, I hope. Rock that new job!
    Congrats!!! Awsome news for the pants and the job!!!
    Isn't it funny how when we change our attitudes everything around us changes too.. I am excited to hear about the new clothes and new outlook on life, job included!!! Keep going..
    Quote Originally Posted by Lmtjude
    Great news. I am just 4 weeks out. The scale has not moved this week but I know it us a matter of time. I am doing all the right things, I hope. Rock that new job!
    You're doing just fine. Don't get stuck on the daily or weekly weights. Look at the overall picture. You're moving in theright direction. Good luck!
    Congrats on the NSVs. I been shopping at Old Navy after breaking up with Casual Male. I'm sure you're right about the change in attitude landing you the job. I've recent kicked my ego to the curb and just focus on the positives. Thanks for posting and I look forward to your 10 month update.
    Great to read about your upswing. I appreciate what you shared about couching all this as a nutrition-driven, lifestyle change. That's smart. I went to my first-ever support group meeting last night and some folks were talking about judgment/prejudice against those who elect surgery as a tool. I guess some people will criticize anything but your away circumvents that and you are right--it really is none of anyone's business. So, thanks! And continued good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mich-D
    Congrats on the NSVs. I been shopping at Old Navy after breaking up with Casual Male. I'm sure you're right about the change in attitude landing you the job. I've recent kicked my ego to the curb and just focus on the positives. Thanks for posting and I look forward to your 10 month update.
    Mich-D I love that you wrote breaking up with Casual Male! Too funny ! I needed a laugh today!