Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

SuzyLove

Help!! Protien Shakes....

Rate this Entry
Ok so here it is I cannot get down premiere protien shakes i can drink half and feel sick! I got another brand from my Dr i paid for and those are also no good for me my stomach cant handle them. I know im not getting the 60grams protein a day im supposed to a day. HELP!! What other brands of protien i can get at the store. I cant stand shakes so far they make my feel ill. Gotta be another way to get my protien in. I dont want my hair to fall out been lacking in protien over 2 weeks now going on 3 and i havent found that nitch on this protien thing.Im eating low fat cheese, greek yogurt some chicken so far but its still not enough. HELP!! And chocolate is the only flavor i like, Vanilla yuck, strawberry YUCK! lol. My stomach is very picky lately!

Submit "Help!! Protien Shakes...." to Digg Submit "Help!! Protien Shakes...." to del.icio.us Submit "Help!! Protien Shakes...." to StumbleUpon Submit "Help!! Protien Shakes...." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Protein to go 28 grams. In the beginning saved me. I mix with water

The Original PROTEIN SHOT
    syntrax matrix has diff flavors 23g protein.
    I really like the syntrax cappachino flavor-mix it with milk and yummy!
    You can get chicken flavored protein powder on line. Mix it with store brought chicken broth. Just don't heat to hot. Heat makes the protein clump. Added bonus for me was the salty flavor of chicken broth. You can also get protein powder and add it to your yougurt and cottage cheese.
    I purchased many many but the only one I like is unjury chocolate splendor is the one I like I mix it either with almond milk or milk, so far I tryed pure protein and premier and could not drink any of it. Good luck in finding one you like.
    Unflavored protein powder I mix mine with unsweetened soy milk and sugarFree toppings like Carmel,Hazelnut and vanilla it's not bad.you can also mix in juice & food.
    Pre-Op I swore by Premier Protein drinks now my taste buds and stomach don't agree and have 2cases sitting there hoping in a few months I will be able to tolerate them again.
    Where Can i purchase this unflavored protien powder?

Quote Originally Posted by Vande
    Unflavored protein powder I mix mine with unsweetened soy milk and sugarFree toppings like Carmel,Hazelnut and vanilla it's not bad.you can also mix in juice & food.
    Pre-Op I swore by Premier Protein drinks now my taste buds and stomach don't agree and have 2cases sitting there hoping in a few months I will be able to tolerate them again.
    Amazon sells unflavored protein. I think gnc as well. Walmart doesnt.I like Syntrax Nectar cappuccino as well. I couldnt drink them for two months after surgery. That and pureed foods made me ill. Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, creamy peanut butter are good sources. The unflavored stuff still has a flavor. I practically lived off egg drop soup for a few weeks. Sipped it all day:-)
    I drink protein to go , small bottle and I drink it in two sips, also protein bars.
    I'm right there with you Suzy. I'm 5 weeks out. I keep trying different things, but not a lot of success. I'm so jealous when I read the "everything is going great" post. I'm happy for everyone, but I just wish it was me too. I know it will get better. Today was extra bad. I've been nauseated all day. Forcing myself to drink/eat. Forget 1/4 cup, I get excited if I can do 2 tablespoons. I don't know if it's allergic to whey, but no matter what it tastes like, after a couple drinks, I want to hurl. Hope you get better.
    Im the same way!! Blah going to find this unflavored protien powder to mix in my greek yogurt. i get so nauseated still also soups also make me sick i dont know why so i been living off cheese and greek yogurt and really runny eggs and really moist chicken but thats just bites not the whole thing.. Hoping in time can get in more calories in. Im averaging 200-300 a day thats horrible! lol...Oh well at this point i just listen to what my body can take and hope the healing and with the days and weeks it will get better! I get jealous too people say im doing great eating great im like really how!! lol My new stomach is just really stubborn!

Quote Originally Posted by denise.jordan39
    I'm right there with you Suzy. I'm 5 weeks out. I keep trying different things, but not a lot of success. I'm so jealous when I read the "everything is going great" post. I'm happy for everyone, but I just wish it was me too. I know it will get better. Today was extra bad. I've been nauseated all day. Forcing myself to drink/eat. Forget 1/4 cup, I get excited if I can do 2 tablespoons. I don't know if it's allergic to whey, but no matter what it tastes like, after a couple drinks, I want to hurl. Hope you get better.
    Hello Suzy, sorry to hear your having these issues, I have been a lucky one I have been able to eat and drink anything with no issues but I have stopped loosing weight. I went down about 10 pounds that first week but since then I have been up and down but never went more than a lose of 10 ? How are you doing with the weight lose?
    Hi Harry,
    Im doing pretty good just having issues with food still its really hard to eat still and drink, I have the worst heartburn of my life!! lol but getting threw it i know its just the healing process still. I have so far between post op diet and now after my Sleeve lost almost 30lbs, I have never in my life lost 30lbs in a month! lol Its Crazy!! I cant believe your doing so well! Your lucky! Have you been sticking to whats good for you to eat drinking enough water? Those are the things you need to stick to, get that scale moving. Maybe could be a stall allot of people on here talk about stalls. So that could be the case! Glad you doing good though...

Quote Originally Posted by Harry S
    Hello Suzy, sorry to hear your having these issues, I have been a lucky one I have been able to eat and drink anything with no issues but I have stopped loosing weight. I went down about 10 pounds that first week but since then I have been up and down but never went more than a lose of 10 ? How are you doing with the weight lose?
    GNC lean ready made protein drink love the chocolate strawberry and banana. I also use up jury protein unflavored in my oatmeal, soup, jello and pudding it had no taste so u can add it to anything to get ur protein.
    Suzy, I'm not a fan of the premiere protein shakes either, too thick, but I throw one in my magic bullet with a little hazelnut cream (sugar free of course), and sugar free Hershey syrup, maybe a tbsp of natural peanut butter, and ice......if it takes a while to drink, the ice thins it out. I actually enjoy it.
    Are you far enough post op to eat protein bars? Gives you something to chew, and they don't taste great but they don't upset my stomach like most protein drinks do, found protein bars at Big Lots 6 bars $3.00 thats cheap 180 calories and 19 grams of protein.
    Walmart EAS ready to use shakes.. they are the only ones I can stomach... Good Luck!
    I also had this problem. I found the whey protein shots. You can get them online and in walmart. It is like a test tube.There are different flavors. I put it in a water bottle add water and half of a crystal light packet. This gives you 42g of protein. I also get my fluids in by doing this.Good luck
    Quote Originally Posted by Bevstaar
    GNC lean ready made protein drink love the chocolate strawberry and banana. I also use up jury protein unflavored in my oatmeal, soup, jello and pudding it had no taste so u can add it to anything to get ur protein.
    This is the protein I use and I like. I hope it will not change after surgery.
    No worries..everyone has to find the protein that they like and what works for them. I am 5 years out and have lost all the weight I want. I got so tired of mixing big cans of yucky protein powders and wasting so much money. Keep bottles of isopure in the fridge because it's honestly the best but does take bad. I drink muscle milk or O'Yea drinks from vitamin shop. And am also taking Juiceplus ( only vine ripe fruit vegetables in chewable form) to helps skin and hair loss. You too will find the flavor you like. There are just so many on the market and it can be overwhelming . The cost is also a factor because no one wants to buy a big can of powder for 50 bucks to let it sit on the shelf. I'm pretty sure this happens to everyone... Good luck!!
    Serenasmith.juiceplus.com