Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

lizbutterfly0504

Yesterday was Day 5 and How Day 6 Went

Rate this Entry
Hi Everyone,

I hope all is well with you!! I was pretty busy today and actually didn't take a nap and didn't feel tired enough to have one. It could be many things I think but my mom attributes it to my protein shakes and not having anything heavy in my belly. I went to church this morning, made a stop at the grocery store with the family, for me I got reduced sugar almond milk (it's new), and SF jello. I must admit that passing the avocado made me a little sad because I love avocado's and it being Sunday we would have a good meal and I try to eat avocado when I can. After my stop when I got home, I made a shake while my family ate yummy grilled chicken from our local grocery store HEB. I sat outside with the dog in the sun for a bit as well and then I began to work and uploaded my first youtube video; my channel is lizbutterfly just like here minus the 0504 part so check me out if you get a chance and I went back to blogging on my blog site (lizbutterfly0504.blogspot.com).

I am really here to tell you about my failure yesterday. Yesterday was day 5 of my liquid diet and I was out and about with the family and they went to Jack in the Box and when I tell you the car was filled with the so good smell of hot fries and egg rolls, I had to roll down the car window. We were driving to the next town, I had my head out the window for a minute like a dog the smell was so strong and I wanted some so bad. What did I do on day 5 of my LIQUID Diet, I ate one French fry and less than half let's say 1/4 of a egg roll which was like a bite and a half. I felt so bad after I ate it, I complained and blamed my family on our way to the next town for like 5 minutes. My mom said she was proud I have stuck to my guns and that this one bite was not going to hurt me (at this time) and not to do it again.

I was doing so good and I was able to be around them while they eat and I don't want them to act like they can't eat. My mom offered to stop cooking and my daughter and her to eat sandwiches instead as the smell of cooking I get a sad face and she knows I am not a full week and being on a 2 week liquid diet is hard. I told her no that is not necessary I have to get use to it and like I said I was doing fine. I broke down yesterday and the guilt from it has me straight. The grill chicken today looked so good and I have to admit I could see in my mind how I was drooling, but I reminded myself it won't be forever that I won't be able to eat.
I prayed about it last night and asking GOD for even more strength and to forgive me in cheating with the bite of egg roll and the one French fry.

Today was a new day as you saw and I was back on track. I am on a count down Tuesday makes what day 9 if I counted that right, so today is the half way mark and on Tuesday I will be beyond that and will have to push through. I have jello I need to make and I have to figure out the last day before surgery no shakes it is only clear liquids and I tell you what the Isopure is NOT for me it taste awful. I am thinking it is just water, jello, and I need to find some sugar free popsicles this weekend, so my last day won't have any protein. I just can't drink that Isopure, I emailed my nut Saturday so I can't wait to hear her suggestion for week 1 &2 post op as I cannot drink that Isopure at all.

Well I just wanted to share that even though I did fall (more like a trip) I will remain focused and do what is necessary to get some energy, reduce the family history of diabetes, heart troubles, my back, hip, and foot pains. So as hard as this is, we can do this!!

Submit "Yesterday was Day 5 and How Day 6 Went" to Digg Submit "Yesterday was Day 5 and How Day 6 Went" to del.icio.us Submit "Yesterday was Day 5 and How Day 6 Went" to StumbleUpon Submit "Yesterday was Day 5 and How Day 6 Went" to Google

Comments

I was able to tolerate Adkins French Vanilla post surgery. Don't beat yourself up. After surgery you won't even be hungry for awhile. I am just over a year out and now I do get hungry but it's not that ravenous hunger I used to have. Also, I am satisfied with a small amount. Dinner tonight was half a tuna salad sandwich on toasted bread. Toasted bread goes down easier.
    You did not fail, you had a hiccup.....big difference:-) You got this!
    your doing great! Good luck on your Journey and Blessings to you!
    I'm on day 7 of my pre-op liquid diet so I hear ya... Its not easy. I'm actually not hungry AT ALL and starting to get nauseous just thinking about drinking one more shake... But, we have to do it. Stay strong and know you're not alone... I've seen a few posts about liquid diets these past few days so there are a lot of us struggling with you! It will be over soon!
    Im on my 10th and last day of liquid diet. Tomorrow is my day. Stay strong I havent cheated but it was tempting. Good luck you can do it!!!!
    Don't worry about it. You are only human and it wasn't a slight blip on the radar. I had a couple of them myself and it didn't change anything. The pre-op diet is really hard. Don't let your family eat that stuff around you, especially when you are in a car. If it means you don't go with them, don't go. You got this for the next 8 days. Good luck.